Question about Drawing Unemployment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you or anyone you know who has drawn unemployment ever been audited but the Unemployment Agency...? All the paperwork is threatening and you're supposed to keep paperwork detailing your job search, but I doubt they have the resources or manpower to do any auditing.

Thoughts..?

Not saying I won't do it correctly. I've drawn it once before and kept all the paperwork but it seemed silly.

BoomerShooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know someone that tried to "fib" and get an extra week or two on unemployment - and actually they CAUGHT IT from the SSN at the new job and took the money back.

So - I def would play it on the safe side and be honest

PFXD 45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your correct they probably dont have the man power to do so, but if I were you I would not risk it, economy is bad that means they are watching more than you think.. Your to keep a exact and complete job search records including name of contact, address, phone number, and type of job..

Just like the IRS if you dont keep a good record you can almost bet you will be audited, and then your up poop creek without a paddle or plunger..

Not worth the risk keep records. And keep them for a couple of years after..

Latest posts

Top Bottom