Question about night sights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryno

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm getting a glock 23, and i'm not very familiar with the night sights. My question is are the Trijicon sights better than the standard glock night sights? I've seen them for sale with either and am just wondering if you guys think they are really worth the extra $? Or are your just paying for the name.
Thanks,
-Ryan

okieglock83

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Typically aftermarket night sights are brighter than the factory Glocks in my past experiences...also a little tougher made.

The brightest/best 3-dot set-up night sights I ever had were by far the Tru Glo TFOs...If they made a 2-dot/straight 8 configuration they're probably the only night sights I'd ever own...I just prefer the 2-dot nowadays.

From Tru Glos website:

TFO gun sights use the same proven technology as our TFO archery pins. These sights are the most revolutionary innovation since TRUGLO, Inc. introduced fiber optics. TFO refers to our patented combination of Tritium and Fiber Optic technologies. The Tritium maintains the brightness level of the sight in low-light (or NO light) conditions. That means you can see your sight even in complete darkness-with perfect transition through all lighting conditions. Tritium does not need batteries and does not need to be charged with light-it simply glows!
Tritium / Fiber Optic Technology - The Best of Both Worlds!

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. I ended up getting a FNP-40 with Trijicon sights and a glock 23 with tru-dots. I couldn't decide so I got them both lol.

Congrats on the new FN - that is a very nice gun - its FN's little secret that a lot of folks don't know about yet and its worth well more that what most places charge for it.

I'd still own mine today if it weren't for the location of the decocker/safety.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Like most answers up there; Meps and trijicons are about equal in function and appearance. I consider them top tier nite sights. The truglo tfos are very bright, but a bit fragile. Its up to you to decide whats worth it with that trade-off.

Glock nite sights are middle of the road.

Dont forget about dawson precision's sights. Build like tanks, they use trijicon vials and are great for sight upgrades.