Question about printing.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corneileous

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m in the market for an OWB holster for conceal carry but I’m curios if Oklahoma’s one of them states that even though open carry is allowed, if they’re one of those that say that open carry has to be completely visible or conceal carry has to be completely out of sight, no printing at all.

I’m kinda to the point to where I really don’t care if my gun prints, just as long as it’s still covered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It doesn't matter if it's completely open, completely concealed, partially open or concealed, or if it's printing. Until Nov. 1 you need a concealed carry permit, but if or how much of it is covered is not an issue. There are some other issues on what and how you carry, but concealment is not particularly an issue.

corneileous

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It doesn't matter if it's completely open, completely concealed, partially open or concealed, or if it's printing. Until Nov. 1 you need a concealed carry permit, but if or how much of it is covered is not an issue. There are some other issues on what and how you carry, but concealment is not particularly an issue.

I just want mine out of sight from other people. I’m finding it’s far too difficult to find a holster that I can completely cover my pistol but find a shirt long enough and loose enough that you wouldn’t know I have until I pull my shirt still up.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nah, ya really dont. Mine expired March of 18 and I'm still carrying lol

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just wear a t-shirt over mine. If someone really looked closely, they might be able to tell I look a little thicker on that side, but they might not. For that matter I could have anything on my belt, but you couldn't assume it's a gun. There's nothing illegal about that. For that matter, I could completely remove my shirt and walk around topless and.... oh wait, they might be about to change that. LOL!

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just want mine out of sight from other people. I’m finding it’s far too difficult to find a holster that I can completely cover my pistol but find a shirt long enough and loose enough that you wouldn’t know I have until I pull my shirt still up.

Same problem I have. What do you carry? A Desert Eagle? lol

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The one thing I have found that makes concealment extremely easy is old bowling shirts short sleeve dress shirts and Hawaiian shirts. Basically anything that buttons up in the front. Put on a regular old shirt and it may print add one of those, especially the Hawaiian style shirts with a pattern and it's gone. I don't button them up so they just kinda hang there. During the winter when jackets are worn it's not an issue but in the summer even wearing a light jacket looks off but a simple shirt like that tossed on even with a pair of shorts is not outside the norm unless you are in a dress up situation in which you will probably have a supertuck IWB style holster or pocket carry something. But I could probably strap on a Desert Eagle with a Hawaiian shirt and never even have an eye batted at me.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I first started carrying, I was somewhat paranoid about printing.

What I've discovered, is that most people are in their own world and pay no attention to anything or anyone around them.

And, the law in Okieland specifically states that printing when carrying concealed is still concealed.

Just cover it up best you can, and go on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom