Questions about suppressors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killerpigeon

Native off the Reservation
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Keep in mind that a suppressor has many hands in the pie. The manufacturer gets a piece, the selling dealer, the transfering dealer, and the price of the stamp.
If you want your local gun dealer to get a part of that pie, deal through them and not directly through the silencer shop. You can find a list of dealers by logging on the the silencer shop and finding their partners around the state.
Your transfer dealer can also be your person that you buy it through so they get a double shot of the money your spending.
Although I agree with this. Websites like Silencer shop, due to their inventory and size, are able to offer things that the Class III dealer down the street isn't. Many manufacturers offer discounts through SS that aren't offered at other places. The main one being the tax stamp paid.

killerpigeon

Native off the Reservation
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you’re crossing state lines with any of the items, it also has to be legal to possess in the state you’re traveling to. It’s best to have the “permission” form with you plus your Form-1 or 4 that your item is registered under. If you get stopped for any reason, it can save you a lot of problems. A lot of LE are not gun enthusiasts and have never seen any of the forms related to Title II items.
Suppressors, as long as legally owned, do not need ATF permission to cross state lines, as long as they are legal at the destination. Items that need ATF approval are SBR, SBS, S&W, DD and MG.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Although I agree with this. Websites like Silencer shop, due to their inventory and size, are able to offer things that the Class III dealer down the street isn't. Many manufacturers offer discounts through SS that aren't offered at other places. The main one being the tax stamp paid.
how often does SS offer for to pay for the tax stamp? I have been waiting on them to run some type of sale on an omega 9k considering they have them much higher priced than other places...

Oxbow

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
how often does SS offer for to pay for the tax stamp? I have been waiting on them to run some type of sale on an omega 9k considering they have them much higher priced than other places...

I wouldn't hold my breath on SS offering a free or discounted tax stamp on a 9K ever....too popular of a can. I bought a second 9k from esliencers on black friday week for 535.00 and had just a 50.00 transfer fee with SCI in Catossa. It was the cheapest I've found it

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldn't hold my breath on SS offering a free or discounted tax stamp on a 9K ever....too popular of a can. I bought a second 9k from esliencers on black friday week for 535.00 and had just a 50.00 transfer fee with SCI in Catossa. It was the cheapest I've found it
yea that sucks. I was waiting on them to use their kiosk and avoid the $50 transfer fee. Ive never purchased an NFA item and figured that would be the easiest way to go.

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you would like it to be in your possession at this time next year then you need to buy it today and hopefully you will get it next year. If ATF reads this then I am sorry and didn't mean it. That is of course if I was waiting for anything. :)

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm no expert but I see some of yall knocking "websites" like Silencer Shop and saying to buy from the local guys....granted its not local to US here in OK necessarily, they do have a storefront in Austin and are very helpful and you get to finger bang a huge assortment of cans in one place.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm no expert but I see some of yall knocking "websites" like Silencer Shop and saying to buy from the local guys....granted its not local to US here in OK necessarily, they do have a storefront in Austin and are very helpful and you get to finger bang a huge assortment of cans in one place.
The deal is that the local dealers that are affiliated with the Silencer shop are locked into them from what I understand.
They charge the same price, local or at the SS with the person on the phone at the SS getting the commission on the sale or your local store getting the commission at the same price. That's as I understand it, and stand to be corrected.
If you get the can through the SS local dealer, there is no transfer fee. If there is a kiosk, there is no fee to use it. On the SS website, they say if your asked to be charged to use the Kiosk, call them.

Oxbow

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
SS is very easy to use. Just buy online and you pick which dealer to pick up from. There is no transfers fees, shipping or Taxes buying online. Then if first time buying from there pick a dealer that has a kiosk. It’s free to use and it wil fingerprint you and take your picture. SS will email you and you just send a copy of your trust or buy one of theirs. It’s super easy if you’re a first time buyer. If you look around you can beat their prices online and find a FFL/SOT with a cheap transfer fee and avoid taxes as well. 50.00 is the cheapest I’ve found...many have 75.00 or 100.00 transfer for NFA and then it’s almost a wash and just buy from SS

Latest posts

Top Bottom