1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Questions on Lexington - Targets?

Discussion in 'Gun Club/Range Talk' started by druryj, Jul 15, 2020.

1. PBramble

PBramble I need TP

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Well, the increase in shooters would explain the condition of the target backers. Maybe they've just got their hands full and I'm seeing the side effect of lots of traffic.

2. thor447

thor447 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I'd be willing to bet if the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation would post something on Facebook requesting assistance from licensed hunters who use that range to help out for a day with repairs, that it'd be taken care of quickly. I use that range quite often and would definitely help with repairs if given an opportunity.

3. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Contact them and approach them with that offer. I can guarantee you the offer will be accepted.
    If a loose organization of users were to post on social media about a clean up day along with an offer to help replace the target frames, you might be surprised who would show up.
    Those target frames are not that expensive to replace. It just takes someone to show up and do the work.
    I'll also bet that if the word was put out, there may be some donations of posts and wood frames.
    Its a range supplied by the state for shooters. Support it and make it great!

thor447 likes this.
  4. thor447

thor447 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Thank you. That’s a great idea. I’ll look up their office this week and reach out to them with the idea. As a regular user of their facility, I’d be happy to help make it better. The value that it gives me is far more than the $25 a year I pay for a hunting license.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dennishoddy and Oklahomabassin like this.
  5. Oklahomabassin

Oklahomabassin Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I live on the other side of the state, but it would make a good Meet and Eat for OSA.

dennishoddy and rswink like this.
  6. Fyrtwuck

Fyrtwuck Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I’ve been there twice. It was a few years ago. It was trashed and reminded me of the Banner Range. No control with people walking down range without the range being made safe. I haven’t been back since.

7. n423

n423 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    They have done a lot of improvements in the past. The last few times I went, was crowded. I also asked ranger about spinners, not allowed.

8. swampratt

swampratt Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%

When I go there I assume some responsibility and make sure that no one is on the range when it is hot.
    I call out loudly to hold your fire and make sure everyone is cooperating.
    I may be a loudmouth but it keeps the place safer and makes people feel more at ease.

Some people do not want to interact but so far everyone that has been on the line with me has been very nice and safe.
    I do have one friend that meets me there sometimes and his attention span is short and you must stay on top of him.
    He is not used to others being there.. I sure make him aware of it and keep it all safe.

9. Oklahomabassin

Oklahomabassin Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    That is great!
    I cringe when some post on here in jeer when they see a teachable moment about firearm use or safety. Unsafe behavior with firearms may just be inexperience. The inexperience may cause a negative experience and forms another negative opinion of firearms.

As firearm enthusiasts we need as many folks on our side as we can.

druryj, dennishoddy and swampratt like this.
  10. amcardon

amcardon Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    As long as I've got some heads up to schedule things around it, I think a clean-up/work day out there would be great.

druryj and Oklahomabassin like this.