Quick Carry/Alcohol question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
Consumed is consumed.
that is also not a true statement. the law defines two separate locations where you can consume alcohol. the law also define who can consume and who cannot consume.
TITLE 21 § 1289.9 CARRYING WEAPONS UNDER INFLUENCE OF ALCOHOL
It shall be unlawful for any person to carry or use shotguns, rifles or pistols in any circumstances while under the influence of beer, intoxicating liquors or any hallucinogenic, or any unlawful or unprescribed drug, and it shall be unlawful for any person to carry or use shotguns, rifles or pistols when under the influence of any drug prescribed by a licensed physician if the after effects of such consumption affect mental, emotional or physical processes to a degree that would result in abnormal behavior. Any person convicted of a violation of the provisions of this section shall be punished as provided in Section 1289.15 of this title.
Any person convicted of a violation of the provisions of this section after having been issued a handgun license pursuant to the provisions of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act shall have the license suspended for a term of six (6) months and shall be subject to an administrative fine of Fifty Dollars ($50.00), upon a hearing and determination by the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation that the person is in violation of the provisions of this section.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
The statute was posted above, google and read the entire text, it's not unclear -
21-1272.1.

Provided however, a person possessing a valid concealed handgun
license pursuant to the provisions of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act,
Section 1290.1 et seq. of this title may carry the concealed handgun
into any restaurant or other establishment licensed to dispense
low-point beer or alcoholic beverages where the sale of low-point beer
or alcoholic beverages does not constitute the primary purpose of the
business.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is it correct that a person of a concealed handgun cannot drink any alcohol at all?

I've often thought this was a bit of a stickier point... I mean, does carrying your firearm out to dinner with your family mean you can't have a glass of beer with your pizza or burger?

IANAL, but the main problem I can see with even small amounts of alcohol consumption is that you would be automatically vilified and destroyed by the media and the D.A. the very second they heard you had consumed so much as a drop of alcohol, even low-point beer, in addition to how they could spin it in court to suggest your judgement was impaired and you shot someone without justification.

I don't think I've ever seen it come out as a concern in a legitimate self-defense/home invasion shooting, but I find that to be a much less slippery slope, as you can't expect someone to be either completely sober 100% of the time in their own home, nor do they give up their right to self-defense in their own home. At least that's how I personally see it.

Okie4Life

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the sale of alcohol is 50% or more of their sales you cannot carry. Thats what it read at one point.

Do this mean we have to review their financials before you enter?? :tounge2:
Id be willing to bet is you look at some restaurants (Chili's Buffalo Wild Wings) I bet their sales are more than 50% alcohol.

I look at like this - Are kids (under 18) allowed in? If NO = Its a Bar.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do this mean we have to review their financials before you enter?? :tounge2:
Id be willing to bet is you look at some restaurants (Chili's Buffalo Wild Wings) I bet their sales are more than 50% alcohol.

I look at like this - Are kids (under 18) allowed in? If NO = Its a Bar.
Or someplace that cares about its customers' experiences. The Warren Theater comes to mind (the balcony, anyway).

Latest posts

Top Bottom