Quick Carry/Alcohol question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can't drink at all while carrying. However to know if a place is off limits or not just look for the sign that says "no admittance if under 21." Those signs denote their primary business is sale and consumption of alcohol on the premises so you have to leave it in the vehicle or at home.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can't drink at all while carrying. However to know if a place is off limits or not just look for the sign that says "no admittance if under 21." Those signs denote their primary business is sale and consumption of alcohol on the premises so you have to leave it in the vehicle or at home.
I stand corrected. I was going by what I thought I remembered from cc class. I just looked it up after the above post and Nightshade is correct.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know how you get from this:

TITLE 21 § 1289.9 CARRYING WEAPONS UNDER INFLUENCE OF ALCOHOL

It shall be unlawful for any person to carry or use shotguns, rifles or pistols in any circumstances while under the influence of beer, intoxicating liquors or any hallucinogenic, or any unlawful or unprescribed drug...

To not drinking AT ALL.

It seems there is a legal definition of under the influence, that doesn't include never touching your lips. Please explain.

killerpigeon

Native off the Reservation
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was wondering. Obviously, the state can compel you to take some sort of alcohol test if suspected of DUI. Where does it say that your required to preform a field sobriety test or breathalyzer after a shooting?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was wondering. Obviously, the state can compel you to take some sort of alcohol test if suspected of DUI. Where does it say that your required to preform a field sobriety test or breathalyzer after a shooting?

I thought you could refuse the field sobriety test and blood test at a traffic stop, but you lost your license for a year if you did?
In case of an accident, I don't think that is an option though.
Someone that knows for sure will check in though.

killerpigeon

Native off the Reservation
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As I understand, that involves operating a motorized vehicle and suspected of being impaired. If you weren't driving, I don't see how they could require you to take an alcohol test.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As I understand, that involves operating a motorized vehicle and suspected of being impaired. If you weren't driving, I don't see how they could require you to take an alcohol test.

Public Drunk? I don't have a legal clue about that, but if your a passenger and you run your mouth, I'd bet one gets charged with that.
I know if I've had one beer at a restaurant, even as a passenger, I'm going to unload, and get home.

Latest posts

Top Bottom