1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

R. Grizzle GS2 Horse Hide

Discussion in 'Gear Talk' started by rockchalk06, Jun 7, 2021.

1. rockchalk06

rockchalk06 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Ordered this while I was thinking about my X-Compact build. Paid for it and forgot about it until last week when I got the shipping notification. This one took awhile. Ordered February 2nd of 2021.

I have some amazing leather holsters from a few different makers, but Ryan and Kay are by far my favorite. This GS2 is cut for an RMR too. Their GS2 builds fit so tight to the body.

I've decided to sell/trade the X-Compact, but I got lucky. My FN509c fits like a glove in it! I should have ordered a matching mag pouch too
    20210607_184828.jpg 20210607_184813.jpg 20210607_184807.jpg

2. Cowbaby

Cowbaby Sharpshooter

Supporter
    That's a quality holster. That horse hide will outlast any cow leather made by a factor of at least 4. I had a pair of Florsheim Imperial shell cordovan Alabama search warrants. You know, the kind, wingtip gunboats where when you look out the peep hole in the door and see those you Know its the cops.

Those things wore out so many soles I lost count and finally donated them because they were so many decade out of style. The uppers were still in great shape.

retrieverman likes this.
  3. Kev1Doggy

Kev1Doggy Marksman

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Ryan makes great holsters, I have one just like that for an X Compact!