Racism at OU

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Having had my experiences with the Greek system when I was in college from '03 to '07, let me say that I am not surprised. The ignorance that exists in the Greek system never ceases to amaze me.

I wish that Oklahoma would get press for good reasons, rather than our lawmakers attempting to outlaw homosexuality or fraternities chanting racist slogans en masse.

/sigh

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Saw this report early this morning...............News9 reporter gal was trying to piece together something and the anchor told her stop talking so they could hear him lol..............said some guy was speaking to a group of people in front of the Frat house.............she had no clue it President/senator Boren.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As for the national HQ acting shocked.. That is 100% bull$hit, they know their history, songs traditions etc. It is what it is and there's no getting around it.

I bet they also know who was holding the phone based on seating position. Probably not very smart.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw this report early this morning...............News9 reporter gal was trying to piece together something and the anchor told her stop talking so they could hear him lol..............said some guy was speaking to a group of people in front of the Frat house.............she had no clue it President/senator Boren.

I saw it early as well...I was surprised that it took this long for a thread to pop up here. I almost made one, but I was on my phone, so I didn't want to create a dupe(just in case i missed the thread). Back on topic; unfortunately; it seems like race has been a big part of the news lately. From the guy out east putting up a white history month sign to the teacher in Wisconsin that only allowed black students to attend a Black Lives Matter event following the shooting up there(students of other race were turned away).

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Boren's statement to the faculty, staff, and students:
TO: All Students, Faculty, and Staff

To those who have misused their free speech in such a reprehensible way, I have a message for you. You are disgraceful. You have violated all that we stand for. You should not have the privilege of calling yourselves "Sooners." Real Sooners are not racist. Real Sooners are not bigots. Real Sooners believe in equal opportunity. Real Sooners treat all people with respect. Real Sooners love each other and take care of each other like family members.

Effective immediately, all ties and affiliations between this University and the local SAE chapter are hereby severed. I direct that the house be closed and that members will remove their personal belongings from the house by midnight tomorrow. Those needing to make special arrangements for positions shall contact the Dean of Students.

All of us will redouble our efforts to create the strongest sense of family and community. We vow that we will be an example to the entire country of how to deal with this issue. There must be zero tolerance for racism everywhere in our nation.

David L. Boren
President
University of Oklahoma
I doubt that anyone in the administration knew that this particular stuff was still happening, but I have to tell you, it's not entirely shocking that frat rats are still doing stupid crap. From the frat rats I knew, I'm surprised that it was that tame.

BTW, I saw three party buses heading east down Main Street on Friday night, and now I'm wondering if that was them...

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:lmfao:

"Real Sooners believe in equal opportunity."

Note: the above lol has nothing to do with the current situation, but a reflection on how and why Sooners got their name....

Latest posts

Top Bottom