Racism at OU

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No need for reaching and ignorant generalizations. I get you're insanely bitter for some reason, but again.... just curious as to why?

A portion of what he says is true...enough to make a stereotype...stereotypes exist for a reason. The greek system was more like what he's saying back in the 50's & 60's probably, but now the entire American society is a greek system. A great majority of iphone-carrying, reality TV watchers are narcissists; regardless whether they were or were not greek or did or did not go to college. From the outside looking in, I see why he says it; I have a buddy at work who sees both sides. He says the same things as this guy, but still has some respect for them and see's the reason they exist. It can be a complex subject and both sides can be partially correct on this one. Often times, people who were not greek saw it as having to "buy friends". I do not fault his harsh opinions except that it is not true 100% across the board. There are plenty of good people that did it because they were legacies, had a friend in it, status quo, curious, etc. But of course, the "because he says so" element comes to play. This is his OPINION and he shouldn't be to invested in wanting to control millions of people to get rid of something he has no part in. I don't think he meant that though, HE just sees no need for it for HIM. Am I right?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Am I right?

Sorry, too cynical rhetoric there for me.

I DO see narcissism in all walks of life though. It's kind of funny if not ironic that gun owners in this thread don't understand how ignorant it is to apply stereotypes or to pass judgment on entire demographic because of a significant minority.

DrinkYourMilkshake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I DO see narcissism in all walks of life though. It's kind of funny if not ironic that gun owners in this thread don't understand how ignorant it is to apply stereotypes or to pass judgment on entire demographic because of a significant minority.

Don't try to confuse us with them claims of hipocrisy. I can't even spell the word, much less understand what it means.6

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I was asking "am I right" to him not you...it was an attempt at giving him the benefit of the doubt that perhaps he did not mean all fraternities. The question mark on the end meant it was a question and that if not, I wanted him to clarify his position. There was nothing cynical about it. But there are people LOOKING to be offended who might see it differently; in which case I'd refer you to my reply before that one LOL...c'mon GM, cut me some slack.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you live in Oklahoma and like me travel a lot out of state and back then it affects you when dealing with certain people who now associate white Okies with racist chants, it's more mental than physical but it does affect some of us, to a degree. To be in business and have to deal with potential customers who may associate you with this kind of stuff just because of geography and your skin color could become challenging.

sent by smoke signals(Tapatalk)

Last edited:

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you live in Oklahoma and like me travel a lot out of state and back then it affects you when dealing with certain people who now associate white Okies with racist chants, it's more mental than physical but it does affect some of us, to a degree. To be in business and have to deal with potential customers who may associate you with this kind of stuff just because of geography and your skin color could become challenging.

I'm in LA every other week. OU is my alma mater. You are very correct, for better or worse.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll be in Texas Sunday for a week of SXSW next week and do not plan to tell anyone I'm from Oklahoma. I know that's some pus sy shite to do but I just don't want to put up with anything from anyone while trying to have a good time.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll be in Texas Sunday for a week of SXSW next week and do not plan to tell anyone I'm from Oklahoma. I know that's some pus sy shite to do but I just don't want to put up with anything from anyone while trying to have a good time.

from what I hear about it, you will be surrounded by trendy leftist narcissists there...have fun; you may as well drink their beer

Latest posts

Top Bottom