Raining ducks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last night we got hit with quite a bit of marble sized hall and had a tornado a few miles away. I walked around the house this morning to check for issues and found this mature gadwall firmly planted into the mulch in the flowerbed.

I checked the security cameras and in between lightning strikes, the duck appeared in the flowerbed. It hit with such impact it blew out all the mulch down to the weed matting and feathers were stuck to some of the mulch. I'm guessing it was knocked out by hail and terminal velocity occurred. I'm just glad it didn't hit the house or gutter. I've never seen it rain cats and dogs, but I've seen it rain ducks!

20230227_101717.jpg
20230227_101805.jpg
20230227_101903.jpg

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a frozen Canadian Snow Goose in my yard after a storm a lot of years ago when I lived in Tulsa. Also I had a bank deposit slip with a $20 bill attached to in in my yard after a huge mile wide tornado went through Wichita Falls, TX back in the early 70s. I never could get the phone number on the check to connect after 6 months of trying.

Latest posts

Top Bottom