Rancher in Nevada being harassed by the FEDS and confiscating his cattle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just saw this story on Drudge. Granted the guy didnt do everything right but still scary that the Feds are getting bolder on doing things like this.

Our states rights and many individual rights are really looking like a thing of the past.

cdoan02

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The guy obviously didn't do everything right...

I still don't like the idea of his ranch being surrounded by sharpshooters from BLM.

And I really hate the BLM official
statement on the arrest of the guy's son, who was filming the sharpshooters:

“An individual is in custody in order to protect public safety and maintain the peace,” BLM spokeswoman Kirsten Cannon wrote. “The individual has rights and therefore details about the arrest will not be disclosed until and unless charges are filed.”

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Someone is gonna get hurt before this is over. FB is lighting up calling for all NV militias to mobilize to the location.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

desertitpro

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been wondering at what point the proverbial straw would be placed upon the camel. NSA phone mining, drones flying over US soil. Militarization of domestic Police forces, shipping guns to Mexican cartels so they could be 'found' at Mexican crime scenes giving credence to stricter gun laws. I'm guessing George wouldn't have waited this long.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This Bundy guy sounds like a real S.H.. He thinks because he's gotten away with grazing on federal land illegally for so long that when they do finally address the situation he doesn't have to obey the law. What he should have done is thank his lucky stars that his family got away with it for as long as they did and voluntarily move his cattle back onto the land he owns. However, instead he throws a hissy fit, despite not having even a shred of legitimate argument and creates an incident where the government has to come in, on the tax payers dime, to remove the cattle themselves.

So now he has created a situation, albeit one caused by his illegal activity, where we get to see how the government responds and, so far, it's not been very impressive. Here's my issue...I don't support this Cliven Bundy guy at all. He screwed himself and has been cheating the government out of the grazing fee's that every other rancher pays. I have no patriotic love for people like him who think they don't have to play by the same rules as everyone else. That said, the government response is understandable in respect to the removing Bundy's cattle from the federal land but arresting the son for filming what was going on because he didn't respond to what was likely an illegal order to begin with fast enough is a huge misuse of power and assigning "first amendment zones" is so incredibly absurd it's hard to even imagine that is actually happening.

It's hard to differentiate in this case what is a justifiable response by federal LE and what is a misuse of authority. Folks that are rallying around this guy need to be real careful about how they respond because at the base of this issue you have a guy that violated a federal court demand to remove his cattle and is creating an incident to support his side of the incident. That's all well and good if you are being wrongfully dealt with but, in this case, he is clearly wrong and refuses to accept it. So I support protesting what appears to be the illegal arrest of his son and the so-called "free speech zones" where people are "allowed" to say what they think about what's going on but I don't support this guys obviously illegal refusal to move his cattle onto his own land and off the federal property.

That's my POV from what I've read so far from the different sources, it's subject to change if need be.

Latest posts

Top Bottom