Range Day with my first Suppressor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Long story -- The quick version -- I bought a suppressor November of 2018, my check is dated 17 November 2018; Check clears 29 November 2018 -- February 2020 my FFL calls ATF and finds out status of my paperwork -- ATF tells my FFL that it was approved August 2019; my FFL never receives my paperwork, I have to apply for a certified copy of my paperwork because its lost ( I didn’t loose it -- but I have to apply for a copy -- sent Email on 3 February 2020, get my copy 20 February 2020).

First opportunity today to shoot -- I only brought 2 boxes of suppressed ammunition.

it was awesome -- absolutely awesome.

p22 suppressed 1.jpg

P22 suppressed 2.jpg

When I bought the suppressor the dealer had a P22 adapter he threw in with the deal.

It was worth the wait !!!!!!!

You can make this stuff up !!!!!

Attachments

• P22 suppressed 2.jpg
    P22 suppressed 2.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought this used P22 to train pistol instructors at Boy Scout Camp School, Honestly I only shot this firearm when my dealer mounted the suppressor and today. It was used at Camp School, I never shot it at the school. I didn’t know how accurate it was till today -- Shooting spinners at 25 yards. The screwdriver and punch was for zeroing an AR pistol with an Eotech. Excellent Day !!!!!

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats on the suppressor, they're awesome! A bit off topic, but how the heck do you keep it running, especially with a suppressor? I can't run mine for 20 rounds without having to disassemble it and thoroughly clean it (the firing pin gets gummed up) and that's without a suppressor... Anyway, I'm glad you're enjoying it!

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I bought the suppressor, my FFL also sold me 500 rounds of the American Eagle Suppressor Sub Sonic ammunition; Told me it works great -- He wasn’t kidding -- 100 rounds, not a hiccup -- sounds insane, the brass casing hitting the concrete, makes a louder noise than the rounds going off -- from 25 yards you can actually hear the bullets hit the steel -- Thats what sold me when I bought it, small noise when the gun goes off and the rounds hitting the ground !!!!! -- the guns at least 20 years old, bought it used at a Wanenmacher Gun Show.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First opportunity today to shoot -- I only brought 2 boxes of suppressed ammunition.

You really don’t need to run “suppressed” or subsonic ammo out of that. Normal standard and High velocity ammo will not go supersonic in that short of a barrel. They will be a bit loud than some of the slower stuff, but will likely have better reliability. It does change with a rifle though.

I primarily run CCI Copper plated through my suppressors to keep it cleaner.

Enjoy it!!!

killerpigeon

Native off the Reservation
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to the NFA club. I bought my first one two years ago. Now I have 8. So get yourself back in NFA line and get another.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats on the suppressor, they're awesome! A bit off topic, but how the heck do you keep it running, especially with a suppressor? I can't run mine for 20 rounds without having to disassemble it and thoroughly clean it (the firing pin gets gummed up) and that's without a suppressor... Anyway, I'm glad you're enjoying it!

I have a P22QD and never have that issue, just some ammo doesn't like to run (lots of stovepipes or FTE). What I usually run is Blazzer or CCI minimags and both of them I can run several hundred without a hiccup(most I've run was 300 at a time).

Latest posts

Top Bottom