Range on Banner Road

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I could have sworn I'd seen a post about it but maybe it was the one where his wife had died. Might have been on another forum but I can't find it now so I redacted my post. Fat lotta good it's done ... Lol
Oh I see. Well he is older than dirt and smokes a lot so it wouldnt surprise me.

.308_Shooter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think this is a case of "a few bad apples". Seems to many people couldn't resist the urge to "draw and shoot" when holstered in the open.
It’s the “drawing a loaded weapon from the holster” that isn’t allowed on the general firing line. Too many ADs.

Along the same line, we also expect our rifle shooters to pull unloaded firearms from their cases; same idea when it comes to pistols. It is also very difficult to regulate which holsters would be allowed, how they’re worn, etc.

We are working in a fix, though, for those who wish to practice their draw and presentation. For guys that want to shoot from the bench, we treat it he same as if they’re coming out to shoot a rifle - not loaded when transiting through the building to the firing line.

Good questions!

.308_Shooter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It’s the “drawing a loaded weapon from the holster” that isn’t allowed on the general firing line. Too many ADs.

Along the same line, we also expect our rifle shooters to pull unloaded firearms from their cases; same idea when it comes to pistols. It is also very difficult to regulate which holsters would be allowed, how they’re worn, etc.

We are working in a fix, though, for those who wish to practice their draw and presentation. For guys that want to shoot from the bench, we treat it he same as if they’re coming out to shoot a rifle - not loaded when transiting through the building to the firing line.

Good questions!
And I’m really pleased that so many of you are asking questions about why we are doing what we’re doing. We’ve been actively taking customer feedback, and when safety permits, we make a few changes.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have had shooters come out to intentionally shoot down our frames, destroy table tops, shoot down posts, etc.

We do too. Each shooter must attend a training session that requires a walk through by an instructor to not shoot this, while pointing out what one can shoot.
Interesting thing that happens on our range; on the 100 yd bay, the shooters shot up the target frames, etc.
on the 300 yd bay, there is not a single bullet hole in the frame. It seems the longer range shooters have more respect?

Latest posts

Top Bottom