Range report Ada 3/19/17

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got out finally and shot at the Ada Range. Busy today and I like that.
First picture is my Glock 19 with the Vortex Venom red dot at 10 yards first few shots. Second is more rounds with the Glock and the third is a different target lots of rounds with the Springfield 1911 (both 9mm) at 10 yards and iron sights.
Using UMC ammo. ADA 1.JPG ADA 2.JPG ADA 3.JPG

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lookin' good. I'm really anxious to try that Glock 19 with the Vortex Venom red dot on it. I got to shoot a member's CZ P-09, RMR'd, at the ENS yesterday and I sucked! The damn dot looked like a big fat red strawberry to me! My sad old eyes just don't focus to darn good any more. I need to try out a couple of others to see if there is one I CAN see, and maybe actually buy and use.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wear glasses (progressive trifocals) You focus on the target and not the dot. Find the spot in the part of the lense that isn't blurred. Works great. Let try to get together this week and I'll let you try mine.
I'm still having some trigger control issues that I'm working out. Don't have that problem with the 1911 so it's all me.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wear glasses (progressive trifocals) You focus on the target and not the dot. Find the spot in the part of the lense that isn't blurred. Works great. Let try to get together this week and I'll let you try mine.
I'm still having some trigger control issues that I'm working out. Don't have that problem with the 1911 so it's all me.

I guess that's my problem too; I was focusing on the front sight more than likely...I mean, I've been doing that for like 45 years now, may be hard to start focusing on the target! I'm always eager to learn new stuff though; lemme know when you wanna go shooting.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess that's my problem too; I was focusing on the front sight more than likely...I mean, I've been doing that for like 45 years now, may be hard to start focusing on the target! I'm always eager to learn new stuff though; lemme know when you wanna go shooting.
It was tricky for me too. Trying just to shoot the red dot and not go back and forth with the iron sights but I just like shooting that darn 1911 so much.

Latest posts

Top Bottom