Ranges and training in OKC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MisterGrubbs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont know if this is the spot(hopefully it is!), but I'm curious if there are any ranges in OKC that go out to 500+ yards.

Also, I'd be interested in someone who teaches marksmanship for long range shooting

Cheers!

Ryan

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OKC Gun Club has a 600 yard high power range. You have to be a member or be the guest of a member to shoot at anytime. Competitions are open to the public. Website is www.okcgunclub.org. Can't help you with an instructor.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hate the member of a club thing..always did,,I would not join awana's or boy scouts or even a car or bike club.
Mutts ain't allowed in clubs anyhow. :)
Too bad there aren't any NO member ranges with long distances to shoot.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hear you swampratt….but being a "member" of the club isn't really what you might think.

You go to one orientation, pay your dues and you get an access code to the gate. You come and go and shoot as you please. There's no secret handshake, mandatory meetings, midnight rituals or anything. It's kind of like leasing hunting land.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hear you swampratt….but being a "member" of the club isn't really what you might think.

You go to one orientation, pay your dues and you get an access code to the gate. You come and go and shoot as you please. There's no secret handshake, mandatory meetings, midnight rituals or anything. It's kind of like leasing hunting land.

You nailed it. I'll also add that many of my closest friends were met through the OKC Gun Club. Nothing like meeting and hanging around with a bunch of like-minded people.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've shot at the gun club and it is very nice. I will say I'm not against it but the thing that puts me off is the cost, I kay only go shooting once every other month so I can't justify it. I know if I auctually got a membership I would go more but it's the initial fee that's off putting.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Same here, I have access to a 200 yard range owned by me employer but I would love to join okc gun club if the fees were not so high

The first year might seem a little high at $300 that includes the $100 initiation fee. But each year after, assuming you do a workday for an $80 credit, is $120; that's $10 / month. Seems pretty reasonable to me considering you have access to the facilities 365 days a year. They call it a workday but I actually enjoy most of the workdays. It's a great way to me other people with similar interest.

english kanigit

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

The problem is the pain in the ass and time it takes just to get in the door. The benefits though are totally worth it.

Ek

Latest posts

Top Bottom