Ranges and training in OKC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hate the member of a club thing..always did,,I would not join awana's or boy scouts or even a car or bike club.
Mutts ain't allowed in clubs anyhow. :)
Too bad there aren't any NO member ranges with long distances to shoot.

I hear you swampratt….but being a "member" of the club isn't really what you might think.

You go to one orientation, pay your dues and you get an access code to the gate. You come and go and shoot as you please. There's no secret handshake, mandatory meetings, midnight rituals or anything. It's kind of like leasing hunting land.

Yes to SMS.

I'm VP of the Ponca City Range. The only way we can improve the range is by member dues. Shooting hours are 8am to official sunset.
Come and go as you please.
We have a target shed that supplies targets and even staple guns to the members to post their targets. The staple guns disappear on occasion, and re-appear a week or so later. LOL. Been guilty. :D

The club puts out plywood target stands, leaves out the steel poppers, texas stars, Polish plate racks, etc for the members to enjoy. All at no additional cost to the members.

We have a monthly meeting open to everybody to offer suggestions or criticism to improve or bad mouth any improvements to the range.

What is interesting is that we have the same 12-15 folks show up every meeting. That's a good thing.
It means we are doing something right, and not having a revolution about something.

BTW we can shoot out to 300 yds now, as the memberships have paid for the dirt work.

These ranges can't exist without the members.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The problem is the pain in the ass and time it takes just to get in the door. The benefits though are totally worth it.

Ek

No waiting list at the Ponca Range.

2, 25 yd pistol bays, 2, 35 yd pistol bays, a 50 meter rifle/pistol bay, 100 yd, and a combo 200-300 rifle bay.

Shotgun area as well with a thrower.

Latest posts

Top Bottom