RC RACING CARS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to mess with those about 20 years ago when I first got married. For the money you can drop on the hobby you might as well buy a full size car and dump money into it. I messed with electric and nitro. Its 80% work on them and 20% drive them. I bought my son one for Christmas 5 years ago I think. Its out of production now and I can't find a-arms for it. Every time a kid drove it they broke it. Brush-less motors make insane speeds.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I had a thousand bucks in an RC car in 90-91. That was a boatload of bucks back then. Probably had 8 cars at one time. I still wasn’t a top level racer with that investment. Traveled some to bigger races, Wichita, KC etc. Still have one around to play with.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
This was a long time ago but this is best as I can recall. They had the dirt Worlds or Nationals back in 02 or 03 in OKC area. I went over there with a buddy and watched those guys race. There was a kid racing for Team Associated back then he was like 13 or 14. He broke something on the front right of his car a-arm or tie rod. The wheel was just flopping around. He ran the 15 minute main on 3 wheels and still finished top 3. Like anything else the best of the best are in a class all to themselves.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The RV park we stay at in the winter in South Tx has a great RV racetrack. Some of those guys have amazing cars. Must be a popular habit with the RV'rs as we have seen several of them in different RV parks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom