RE-Introduction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's been a long time since I've been here, so I'd like to introduce myself. I'm OKNewshawk. I was active on OSA from about 2009 to 2013. I stopped posting due to some family medical issues with my wife that took all my attention. I also was battling what appeared to be a losing battle trying to get an old restraining order in New Jersey lifted. I had to get rid of my pistol and couldn't own any other guns. It was going to cost me thousands of dollars to fight the battle from a long distance.

I just learned this weekend that I have nothing to worry about--the restraining order was vacated back in 1992 when the judge granted my divorce. It was a clerical error at the NJ police department that issued the original emergency restraining order that caused the FBI to reject my NICS background check in 2012. All I have to do now is to get the correct info to the FBI and I'll be "righteous" again.

That being said, I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of things here. I'll also be looking to replace my baby I was forced to sell--a two tone FNH FNP-9. It's the nicest gun I've ever owned!

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm resurrecting this thread to announce that I received the results of my NICS appeal today. The FBI has confirmed that I AM eligible to possess or receive a firearm! I feel... justified.

Latest posts

Top Bottom