Reality of Surviving SHTF.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm married to a half breed. I tell her often to speak only when spoken to and walk ten paces behind. I throw in the squaw card from time to time. Doesn't mind well, but she's beautiful.

Lol ... that's too cute! She sounds like me -- I don't mind either, but in exchange for GC putting up with my rebellious streak, I treat him incredibly well. My guess is you are a REALLY lucky fella! :wink2:

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The way I figure it, when the neighbors see that you aren't losing any weight and they are hungry and have lost a lot of weight, they'll want to know why and when they find out they'll take your stuff. Also, if there is a nuclear bomb, it's get ready to meet Jesus time, if it doesn't vaporize you, it will destroy all power grids, stock market will crash and the Great Depression will look like a tea party (no pun intended). The only fuel you will have unless you've stored some will be the gasoline in your car and lawnmower. People will go mad, riot, burn and destroy both private and public property in their rage. Circle your wagons around your women and children because it will be rough. No ATM's but it wouldn't matter anyway because there won't be any food in any stores that remain and the dollar will be kaput (probably a lot sooner than any nuke). By the way, I have a few cases of survival goods just in case the bombs dud.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone ever read "A Woman in Berlin"? True account of lady who was in Berlin at the end of WWII, stuck there through occupation. Very eye-opening read - they burned every stick of furniture in the apt building for heat and cooking what little food they could scavenge. Great read, kind of depressing, though.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Anyone ever read "A Woman in Berlin"? True account of lady who was in Berlin at the end of WWII, stuck there through occupation. Very eye-opening read - they burned every stick of furniture in the apt building for heat and cooking what little food they could scavenge. Great read, kind of depressing, though.

K affir Boy is another good true account of a refugees account of living in S. Africa during apartheid.

Latest posts

Top Bottom