Reality of Surviving SHTF.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm just gonna cap myself and you guys can have my preps.....

Oh man ... don't do that ... you are right down the street ... I've got fresh eggs if you wanna team up ... :P

And on a more serious note ... I'm pooped. Lurker, I'll read your article and comment tomorrow ... These early mornings are rough on an old lady ... :wink2: Night, y'all ... :wave:

DeeJay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Alex Rogan: Hold it! There's no fleet? No Starfighters, no plan? One ship, you, me, and that's it?
Grig: Exactly! Xur thinks you're still on Earth. Classic military strategy, surprise attack.
Alex Rogan: It'll be a slaughter!
Grig: That's the spirit!
Alex Rogan: No, *my* slaughter! One ship against the whole Armada?
Grig: Yes, one Gunstar against the Armada. I've always wanted to fight a desperate battle against incredible odds.

Texican

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lurker.... you are full of it.... :homer:

When you live 145 plus miles from the closest large city (Tulsa) and 190 plus miles from Dallas and OKC.... The heard of refugees will be thinned.... long before they get here.... I do not think we will see very many refugees.... :Heya:

The biggest problem will be those in the area that are not prepared.... and they can be convinced not to interfere with us.... :nono1:

If you live in the burbs or in the cities you do not stand a chance to survive unless you leave and do so quickly while you still have some fuel in your vehicle(s).... :bolt:

That is why we moved out to the sticks.... :thumbup3:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The **** will never hit the fan. Stop fear mongering.

Think so? When I was in Vietnam, we dropped leaflets in areas where a major battle was going to happen. Convoys of troops would pass miles of refugees leaving their homes with everything they owned on their backs. I've seen women back up to trees and drop their baby's like eggs. 30 minutes later, they are back in the line of refugees. They moved into areas where they had to subsist off the land and what little their own government will hand out. The US did more to support them than their own government. Their homes were torched, their fields were destroyed, they had nothing to go back to, yet they did. They rebuilt the dikes that had been there for century's. The people recovered on their own.
We have people in the Sudan that are refugees because of war in the neighboring country's. Bandits commonly visit the camps to rape and kill. Other nations have to provide food and shelter.

They are living the SHTF.

I've said it before. We are a nation living just outside the edge of that scenario, if we don't shut down the direction our government is headed.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Lurker.... you are full of it.... :homer:

When you live 145 plus miles from the closest large city (Tulsa) and 190 plus miles from Dallas and OKC.... The heard of refugees will be thinned.... long before they get here.... I do not think we will see very many refugees.... :Heya:

The biggest problem will be those in the area that are not prepared.... and they can be convinced not to interfere with us.... :nono1:

If you live in the burbs or in the cities you do not stand a chance to survive unless you leave and do so quickly while you still have some fuel in your vehicle(s).... :bolt:

That is why we moved out to the sticks.... :thumbup3:

So you're a fighter type? Got food stored up for years? Gonna rebuild civolization? Got a army all ready to go. Off grid ain't a problem, crops all planted, Lotsa livestock all ready to live like 1776. Me n my merry band will find you. :)

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Think so? When I was in Vietnam, we dropped leaflets in areas where a major battle was going to happen. Convoys of troops would pass miles of refugees leaving their homes with everything they owned on their backs. I've seen women back up to trees and drop their baby's like eggs. 30 minutes later, they are back in the line of refugees. They moved into areas where they had to subsist off the land and what little their own government will hand out. The US did more to support them than their own government. Their homes were torched, their fields were destroyed, they had nothing to go back to, yet they did. They rebuilt the dikes that had been there for century's. The people recovered on their own.
We have people in the Sudan that are refugees because of war in the neighboring country's. Bandits commonly visit the camps to rape and kill. Other nations have to provide food and shelter.

They are living the SHTF.

I've said it before. We are a nation living just outside the edge of that scenario, if we don't shut down the direction our government is headed.

That is dayly living in those 3rd world countries. Vietnam, Cambodia, Somalia... We are in a little different situation.
Our nation is at a turning point I also believe. People on both sides of the spectrum are saying "enough".

Latest posts

Top Bottom