Reality of Surviving SHTF.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunshine7388

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just remember, get your mind right. There are millions of refugees world wide, some with kids. You're at least as good as they are. Plus you're an Okie.

For me the approach to a SHFT situation is kinda like having kids.

1. You are never really ready for it.
2. It won't always go the way you want it to.
3. The outcome of those situations will depend on how well you re-act or can roll with the punches.

Part of me knows that as long as I have eyecyou that I won't have to worry about unsavory types as much, but then the other half of me wonders how long it would be before I wanted to kill him myself.

Sometimes, I think survival isn't always about who is the fittest or most prepared, sometimes it comes down to being flat out lucky. Of course being prepared (as best you can be) doesn't hurt.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes the herd will get thinned out quickly.

If there ever is a SHTF, and lets say you live on govt. handouts and have basically nothing, living in cheap apt. in OKC.
When it happens where would you seek what you need? That's right! Ritzy neighborhoods first. That's where they will find what they have never had and long for all their lives.

So yes there will be a lot of upper 10% people caught unaware in their $300,000 plus McMansions. A trailer house in the country would seem like a much less desirable place to find anything of need. And who used to handouts, are going to be physically fit enough to wanna head 25 plus miles away from their hood? Not many is my guess. So yes get the heck out of those high end neighborhoods that will be target #1.

Removed inappropriate comment.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So does "inappropriate" equal "there will be no racial aspect to SHTF"?

Perhaps the original comment was tasteless, but I can certainly see how ethnic groups would band together and prey on those of a different stripe.

ARguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So does "inappropriate" equal "there will be no racial aspect to SHTF"?

Perhaps the original comment was tasteless, but I can certainly see how ethnic groups would band together and prey on those of a different stripe.

I'm sure there will be, know a lot of rednecks will probably wish they had treated "others" better. The privileged will share, when SHTF.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm sure there will be, know a lot of rednecks will probably wish they had treated "others" better. The privileged will share, when SHTF.

"the privileged will share, when shtf" very true words. Maybe you can join with me n Been. As kinda a counter to the women of Bartertown.

ARguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"the privileged will share, when shtf" very true words. Maybe you can join with me n Been. As kinda a counter to the women of Bartertown.

I doubt the men will need a counter to Bartertown. Hormonal issues will probably cause internal strife, and inevitable breakdown there.
Without male leadership, disaster will surely ensue. Might keep them around for cookies, sammiches, and laundry duty.

Latest posts

Top Bottom