Reality of Surviving SHTF.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've seen threads get derailed, but this one has left the building! To the OP- You paint a very dismal and all too true picture.

Lol ... it's what we do on OSA ... :P

HEY, do you mind me asking you to take a look at subprep's thread about the first aid/med kit and commenting??

And yep ... Lurker reads a lot of selco. (I do, too.) The experience he shared on SB, and later on his own website, were an eye opener for me ... and completely changed the way I looked at preparing.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've seen threads get derailed, but this one has left the building! To the OP- You paint a very dismal and all too true picture.

Just trying to keep it real. And BB is right. If you aint read about Selco then you haven't considered the reality of shtf.

Nobody wants to become a refugee but the reality is most will. And since most will, there's no reason to not prepare for that as well.

ditchDr

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep. I have read most of Selco's blog. I point other people to it quite often.It gives me that sick at my stomach can't be real feeling. But then I see things happening to our country that you could not have made me believe 20 years ago.

Texican

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
So you're a fighter type? Got food stored up for years? Gonna rebuild civolization? Got a army all ready to go. Off grid ain't a problem, crops all planted, Lotsa livestock all ready to live like 1776. Me n my merry band will find you. :)

There is a long line of fence posts along the road for those that think they can take what is not theirs....

Unless you develop the mind set that it is your group and only your group.... and take appropriate actions.... you will not make it....

Texican....

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
There is a long line of fence posts along the road for those that think they can take what is not theirs....

Unless you develop the mind set that it is your group and only your group.... and take appropriate actions.... you will not make it....

Texican....

Shtf, fence posts won't save ya. As for my group....we're a like minded bunch. Groups needs are first, after that, all bets are off.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just trying to keep it real. And BB is right. If you aint read about Selco then you haven't considered the reality of shtf.

Nobody wants to become a refugee but the reality is most will. And since most will, there's no reason to not prepare for that as well.

It's kind of cool to read about different things that folks do in this forum, but,

Anybody that thinks there are are going to have to hit the road

With a backpack and rifle is really out there.

I watch a couple of these shows on tv, and think how easy they can be defeated.

I grew up with the family canning veggies and meat , It's what poor people did.

Now we have the buzz term of "preppers"

Will the country drop into chaos?

No.

Will there be hoards of people roaming the country killing people for food?

He'll no.

This country will continue the path it's on, taking away our rights one snippet at a time.

You all go ahead and hunker down.

That's really going to solve the problem.

Latest posts

Top Bottom