Reality of Surviving SHTF.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It's kind of cool to read about different things that folks do in this forum, but,

Anybody that thinks there are are going to have to hit the road

With a backpack and rifle is really out there.

I watch a couple of these shows on tv, and think how easy they can be defeated.

I grew up with the family canning veggies and meat , It's what poor people did.

Now we have the buzz term of "preppers"

Will the country drop into chaos?

No.

Will there be hoards of people roaming the country killing people for food?

He'll no.

This country will continue the path it's on, taking away our rights one snippet at a time.

You all go ahead and hunker down.

That's really going to solve the problem.

That's the reality part. Everyone has a opinion of shtf. For me it's Tornados, Wildfires, Ice storms. In the unlikely event of a Govt breakdown, I think that'd be a society killer. Only the military could restore order and even then I doubt they could.

Starvation would really be the killer. It would hit the city's very hard and country folks could hold out longer but it would affect them as well. Small time garden type farming would be about the only option. And defending that garden enough to produce enough veggies to get you thru a winter would be dang near impossible.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The government is not going to break down.

I just can't believe the BS from the people selling crap to the unknowing to make a buck.

Prepping as a term is a buzz word

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The reality is nobody knows, and none of us are prepared for it as a result. I would give a partial exception to those who have already isolated themselves from society and are self sufficient.
Make your plans, and gain the experience/ knowledge to survive while you can, knowing that whatever you imagine will be wrong on some level.
Your best best is to be prepared to adapt to new situations as they occur.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The reality is nobody knows, and none of us are prepared for it as a result. I would give a partial exception to those who have already isolated themselves from society and are self sufficient.
Make your plans, and gain the experience/ knowledge to survive while you can, knowing that whatever you imagine will be wrong on some level.
Your best best is to be prepared to adapt to new situations as they occur.

Since this is a Oklahoma forum, for the most part alot will not apply to us. Luckily for us, there are several examples from other parts of the world where SHTF. Take your pick of scenarios. Disease, Financial collapse, drought, flooding, Govt Collapse, War, Civil war, Tyranny ect. Our world has it covered and it's easily researchable.

In almost every instance of SHTF the majority end up as refugees.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ebola, $16T debt, 3 years of drought Waurika lake (our water supply) below 30%, wide open borders, congress trivialized through executive order, unauthorized move of 100k Haitians I to US put on goobermint assistance, ISIS, Babba.
We have got it pretty well covered.

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's kind of cool to read about different things that folks do in this forum, but,

Anybody that thinks there are are going to have to hit the road

With a backpack and rifle is really out there.

I watch a couple of these shows on tv, and think how easy they can be defeated.

Will there be hoards of people roaming the country killing people for food?
He'll no.

I can mostly agree with you except for the fact that I have seen hoardes of people literally, physically fight over cabbage patch kids and tickle me elmo dolls. I do not underestimate the insanity of large groups. I def do not underestimate the insanity of normally sane people when their kids who have never truly had a need in their life are going hungry. Our best hope is that they lose steam fast from lack of fuel if food riots ever take place.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went out on black Friday 1 time with the wife a d daughter units. I was instructed to go to x area and pick up item y.
The kiosk was fairly surrounded and I am reaching for my item when I get this sharp jab to the ribs.
I look and this 4'11", 88#, octogenarian elbow slams me again and yells, " get the F*** out of my way."

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went out on black Friday 1 time with the wife a d daughter units. I was instructed to go to x area and pick up item y.
The kiosk was fairly surrounded and I am reaching for my item when I get this sharp jab to the ribs.
I look and this 4'11", 88#, octogenarian elbow slams me again and yells, " get the F*** out of my way."

IWR's grandma.

Latest posts

Top Bottom