Recommend a good 22LR Pistol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goodoleboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have Two of them one a revolver (s&W 617) and the other is semi auto
(22/45 ruger).

Took both of the out today and of the Two the most fun to shoot and easiest to care for is the revolver..

I like it becuase it has no safety and you get to use the Double action trigger to practice with for real world expereince in a defensive situation...Unlike the ruger which you can only fire in single action mode.

ai30.photobucket.com_albums_c331_goodoleboy_Picture009efe.jpg

jacetheace

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any of the Ruger series, MK III, Walther P22, Browning Buckmark, Smith 22A, or SIG Mosquito would do well. Even the newest Walther SP22 looks like it will be a great performer as the popularity rises. The ones we got in look and shoot very well.

First Freedom

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I own a Smith & Wesson 22A. It's fun, but I enjoy the Advantage Arms .22 conversion for my Glock more

How come Lance? I've been wondering if the 22A is very good (reliable, accurate)? The price is nice...

P.S. Since we're adding revolvers, I have a Taurus 94 9-shot .22 which is a very ergo (for me) small frame gun, and accurate. Not as nice as a C.M. S&W, but ya know, for the price.....

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For just sheer fun plinking...hard to beat the Walther P22 IMO. Mine works great and is more accurate than it has right to be. I know the Rugers and Biuckmarks are 'better' but i like my P22 a lot and it just keeps running better the more I shoot it. It digests about anything too.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For just sheer fun plinking...hard to beat the Walther P22 IMO. Mine works great and is more accurate than it has right to be. I know the Rugers and Biuckmarks are 'better' but i like my P22 a lot and it just keeps running better the more I shoot it. It digests about anything too.

Good advice man - except the original post was in 2008 (but it looks like the search function works pretty well - this had to have been in the archives by now).

aodh

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My walther p22 has issues with .22lr, but it likes stinger. Thinking about a Sig Mosquito.

I bought a Mosquito about a year ago, single worst pistol I've ever owned. Trigger pull was so bad I sent back to Sig. Even after they reworked the trigger it was still about 15 pounds, (a small improvement). Their work order said that it was "within specifications".

I never did find a cartridge that would feed a whole magazine reliably.

Dumped it at the first opportunity.

Latest posts

Top Bottom