Recommendations: 1911 9mm; Commander-Sized

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think I want another Commander-Sized Pistol, but a 9mm this time. I have a Ruger SR1911, stainless, so this one needs to be blued. Leaning towards the Colt O4842XE. I can get one new for like $850. What others in 9mm, Commander-Size should I look at around the same price range?

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The EMP is a nice gun alright, but thinking I'll just stay with .45ACP in this platform for now, maybe get a 9mm later on. I want to stay with the 4.25' barrel ; I have lots of holsters and spare parts on hand already.

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Springfield RO Champion is a great shooter. Once I find an OWB leather holster that I like, it'll be my EDC. Only thing is, the frame is anodized and the slide is nitride. No bluing.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I need to stay with the 4.25" Commander size pistols, I have a boatload of holsters for that size already and several sets of grips to dress it up. I have changed my mind (again) and am gonna just get another one in .45ACP. A 9mm 1911 sounds fun, but dang, I just really like shooting .45 more as of late. I see myself getting a 9mm 1911 Commander one day, but not this go-around. I already have my eye on a new Colt LW Commander.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
There is always a need for a Browning Hi Power. Classic lines and size wise it is pretty close to a Commander.

Pictured is my Browning Hi Power next to my Colt Combat Commander. The Browning was tuned by the late great Austin Behlert. The Commander is another Behlert gun that Dr. Barry Greyson improved upon with his magic.

Attachments

• Behlert Guns.jpg
    Behlert Guns.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 318

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I need to stay with the 4.25" Commander size pistols, I have a boatload of holsters for that size already and several sets of grips to dress it up. I have changed my mind (again) and am gonna just get another one in .45ACP. A 9mm 1911 sounds fun, but dang, I just really like shooting .45 more as of late. I see myself getting a 9mm 1911 Commander one day, but not this go-around. I already have my eye on a new Colt LW Commander.

I get wanting a .45 but just FYI your grips and holsters will fit the 4" guns just in the same. Granted you don't buy a CCO setup.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get wanting a .45 but just FYI your grips and holsters will fit the 4" guns just in the same. Granted you don't buy a CCO setup.

I understand they will fit, but as far as the holsters, I'm a little OCD about holsters made for certain guns. It would be like putting a Glock 26 in a holster made for a Glock 19. It would work, but then there's that little bit of leather at the end that is left empty. For some reason that bugs the crap out of me.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom