Recommendations: 1911 9mm; Commander-Sized

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guys - WTF? I started this thread to talk about Commander size 1911 pistols. How we manage to get so off track on **** is beyond me. I'm guilty of it too, it's just so easy to start BS'in about different crap though. Thanks for all the input; I've decided I want the new Colt 04842XE Lightweight Commander in 9mm as my next pistol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I apologize, it was in poor taste to derail your thread, oh wait, I didn't. My mistake, I apologize again.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Actually, I believe it was you. By starting the whole "the 1911 wasn't designed for 9mm" discussion.

But I shouldn't argue with you, since apparently if you talk about something, you know all, and anyone who disagrees needs crayon diagrams and drinks "barley corn".

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, its a redesign of a pistol that was only designed for .45 and 5" slide.

Actually, hate to destroy the wannabe purist speak........ the design was originally around the .38 super. Browning THEN re-engineered his auto-loader design when the government said they want a .45.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually, hate to destroy the wannabe purist speak........ the design was originally around the .38 super. Browning THEN re-engineered his auto-loader design when the government said they want a .45.

I believe it was a Col. Thompson who headed up the Ordnance Board who specified that the pistol was to be chambered in 45ACP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom