Red Dot for Rimfire Pistol?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am wanting to put a red dot on my Mark II Hunter, not sure if I want a red dot, or a 1x scope?

Want to use it for hunting, backpack pistol, maybe shoot some Steel Challenge with it also. Any suggestions or experiences with them?

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would think a Burris FastFire would be a good choice. Oh and wouldn't you know I just might have one for sale if someone were to be in the market one.

But really I've seen several guys run these on their rimfire and Centerfire pistols. I bought mine for my shotgun but only used it once. It's pretty robust and I would think it would hold up on a backpack type gun.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well it never made it to the classifieds because it's SPF right now!

But yeah a bigger field of view for quicker target transitions in steel challenge I guess is why they use them. If I had a rimfire pistol I would get one for sure.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a cmore STS on my glock 17. It works well but requires constant checking to make sure the screws stay tight. I am seriously considering switching to the new leupold deltapoint because if the wider screen.
I run a Trijicon RMR on my AR15 offset at 1:00. It is sweet because there ain't no batteries, it's rugged, and it has a big screen. I'd probably go with the Trijicon if I was carrying that gun in a backpack hiking and hunting. Not having to worry about batteries is really nice!

Latest posts

Top Bottom