Red Dot on AK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrChris

Sniper
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone here running a red dot on their AK? If so, what are you running and what would you call the pros and cons of your setup?

Thanks

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a railed receiver on my am pistol. I was running a holosun HS510c backed by a Holosun hm3x magnifier on my AK pistol a while back. Decided I didn’t like it so much though, just too much crap on top of a gun I bought to be simple. I now keep a trs25 on top. I like it because it’s simple, and roughly cowitnesses with my iron sights.
A5B71A52-17AD-4A5E-AA10-F3ABD286CE9C.jpeg
C60541E0-1692-45C6-8EAB-17915057928B.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Run holosuns on 2 of my AKs. Bang for you buck about the best RDS out there IMO...I replaced my aimpoints with them.

Running an Aterro mount on my bulgy AKS-74 which is perfect for this platform IMO. The ZPAP pictured came with a dust cover rail from the factory which works well because they are pinned in the front and lock up super tight.

PROS: faster target acquisition, single point of focus, IMO more accurate.
CONS: price and most optic mounts for AKMs suck. Ultimak gas tub mount is the most popular but puts the optic too far forward IMO making it less wieldy and slower than one further back. Aterro mounts are about the best i have found for the price but I believe they would fail after several drops and extremely rough treatment (that non of my guns are likely to ever see). Some guns lose the ability to use irons with the RDS attached. Again, i know i sound like a company rep or some crap, but the aterro has a built in rear sight notch so you retain irons.

iVA6Y1A.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom