Redneck tire mounting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
:scratch::uhh::rollingla:rollingla

Redneck tire mounting fail short version
Published on Apr 4, 2016

&

Ether Tire Mounting Explosion
Published on Jan 20, 2013

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Watched a few truck tires get mounted that way. Very interesting when you are a few feet away to say the least.

Same guy I watched do that and I used to change tires by hand and what I mean by that is spoon the tire off the rim and back on. Never did the ether trick myself but it's great to have a can if you pop a bead off when you are in the middle of nowhere and can't put the spare on.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Done the strap deal but on some tires it just plain sucks trying to get it just right. Skid loader tires are some of the worst I have ever dealt with. Fought it for over an hour trying the strap among other things, finally got it but should have just paid a few bucks to have it repaired and mounted. Guy I was working with was too cheap, so it was always do it by yourself unless it absolutely can not be no matter how much time it wasted. Same guy couldn't make a plan and stick to it. He filled in and dug out and area at least ten times till he had the plans set.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have used ether many times.. some starting fluid today has very little ether in it.
That is the stuff that flames up more than exploding.
But matches are a no go as they can get wedged in the bead and you got to do it over.
So torch flame works best.

Latest posts

Top Bottom