Reflex sights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone had experience with the Trijicon RMR LED vs the Adjustable one? Big difference in price.

I have had experience with all 3 types Dual illumination (led/tritium), LED, and the adjustable LED. I currently own an adjustable and dual models.

I would recommend in this order based on my experience.

Adjustable, non-adjustable, Dual

Adjustable by far is the winner for me. I’m getting ready to purchase another type 2 adjustable and likely sell a dual to offset the cost. Maybe even upgrade my type 1 adjustable to a type 2.

I’m not sure about your statement Of the adjustable vs non-adjustable LED. Retail it is $50 difference.
Make sure you are comparing the same version/type.

I would only consider a type 2 on a carry gun. There are far two many issues with led flicker on the type 1 battery powered units. I’ve experienced it first hand.
Consider a set of high sights that will co-witness as part of the overall price.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 121494 View attachment 121493 It does take a while to get used to it. Have to do many presentations to get the dot in your field of view since it's a hair higher than iron sights.

I started with an M&P performance center with RMR. Ran it at 1 run and gun and it was so easy it was cheating. I sold the pistol and went to a CZ P-09 with irons. Few years go by and then lot of other guys started runing dots on their pistols so I had my slide cut to add one on the 09.

I was always a good pistol shot, do dry fire plenty to stay that way. Adding a red dot just makes you much faster. Only have the dot to focus on instead of front then rear sight, which helps when your eyes are getting older. When you are really running you can do both eyes open and it's crazy fast or close your off eye and get pin point accuracy.

It took a while with practice to get used to it, but damn they are nice.

Ask me anything and I'll give as much info as possible. I've added another's RMR to my TSO also.

I like the RMR as that's what I have. However few guys really like the Deltapoint as it has a larger window. @Nick710 will have some insight as well

I am SO GLAD I had a chance to “shoot” your CZ with the red dot on it. I was on the verge of spending good money for a nice set-up for my G19, then I got the chance to try before I bought. Man, that nice little red dot out there looked like a big fat fuzzy basketball to me. It covered like the whole center of a silhouette target. Now, on a rifle, I can use a red dot just fine, but on a pistol, I just can’t get the damn thing far enough out there. My eyes are old and worn out I guess and my wallet would have taken a big hit had I not tried yours first. I have also shot a few other guy’s pistols with red dots since, but the results were the same. I wish I could use them but oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just jumped into the red dot game due to aging eyes. I wanted to try it with the smallest investment possible to see if I liked it. So I bought a sig p320 rx with the Romeo 1 and love it. Once I learned to look at the Target with both eyes open and not at the dot in the window it's been great.only downside for me so far is the Romeo 1 eats batteries about 2 a month unless I actually turn it off the sleep mode still seems to drain them

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love mine. Here is my latest one, a G19.5 RMR.
I love it.

G19.5 RMR 4.jpg
G19.5 RMR...jpeg

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since my last post, I purchased a Holosun HS507C to try.

I pretty impressed with it. Same basic size as a RMR. Over all height is slightly taller, but the reverse curve of the RMR exaggerates the difference. I need to take a measurement but I would guess less than .100”.

I really like the circle dot reticle and you can run it dot, circle, or circle dot. The circle is 32.5moa, so about 8” at 25 yards, with a 2moa dot. Claimed 100k hours of battery life.

One of the best features is being machined to fit RMR mounts.

I’ve been running it about 2 months now and have been VERY happy with it. I even shot a perfect GSSF match score with it yesterday.

I wouldn’t go as far as running it on a carry gun because of my confidence in reliability as a life saving tool. But, for now it will be parked on my match gun for classes where optics are allowed.

d2f03d880e5b9f8fd98dfd48d7a71911.jpg

389ed3f6a782f0791990ac04cb991c98.jpg

78009434104dd5c560918f01a4ecf9b6.jpg

36c23345d5ce20cce19d1c5e662b59cf.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom