Remington 1100 Project (In Progress)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thefenux

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The gun started out as a standard field grade Remington 1100 from 1963. I bought it with the intention of setting it up for 3-gun competition and home defense. I still have a few things to do to it, but it's mostly there.

I apologize for the poor photo quality, but it's the best camera I have currently.

[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

The stock:
The stock is pretty standard, just shortened to a 13" LOP. I had a KICK-EEZ Rocker pad installed too. It's nice for recoil absorption.

The barrel:
[Broken External Image]
Currently, it's a 26" barrel with a fixed IC choke. I'm going to be shortening it to either 21" or 23". I'm going to keep the vent rib and put in a regular fiber optic bead. For now, I've added a rib mounted fiber sight from TruGlo.

The reciever:
[Broken External Image]

I've added a large charging handle from Nordic Components, an Easy Loader from Dave's Metal Works and a Big Button Safety from Vang Comp.

[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

On the other side, I've lined it with velcro so I can mount shell holder cards. I saved a little money and made these myself. So far, I've got four of them made.

The foreend:
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

On the foreend I've added a homemade 2 pack shell holder and a Magpul AFG.

[Broken External Image]

Adding the picatinny rail for the AFG required a little bit of work. I didn't feel like spending $150 for a tri-railed foreend, so I used the Magpul MOE rail segment. It required milling out the inside of the foreend and then grinding down on the metal nuts so that the piston would clear. I'm pretty happy with it, but I got some nasty looks from my gunsmith for doing that to the beautiful original factory wood.

Still to do:
As mentioned, I still need to cut the barrel. I'm also going to have it threaded for chokes when it's cut. I'm also still needing to add a +4 or +5 extension and barrel clamp.

I'm still debating adding a light, but as of yet, I have no idea what light I want or how I want to mount it.

Attachments

• ROCKER-601-10-L-B.jpg
    ROCKER-601-10-L-B.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 168

thefenux

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To be fair, that's not the original wood that came on the gun. The original wood was in serious need of refinishing. I traded it with someone for a much newer set that had been the victim of a very poor recoil pad install. Because I was chopping it to 13" anyway, the bad parts were cut away.

The new wood came from the '80s. The original wood went to a good home.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
To be fair, that's not the original wood that came on the gun. The original wood was in serious need of refinishing. I traded it with someone for a much newer set that had been the victim of a very poor recoil pad install. Because I was chopping it to 13" anyway, the bad parts were cut away.

The new wood came from the '80s. The original wood went to a good home.

Now that the wood is butchered....mmm, I mean, customized, I would spray it with some black truck bed liner so it matches the look of the other modifications.

I did my old Glenfield 30-30 "Tactical Lever Gun" stocks with bed liner, and I am very happy with the way it turned out. It gives it a nice grip texture, besides the "black gun" look.

I am making a HD gun from an 1100, and prefer the feel and weight of the wood stocks over synthetic, so I have been looking for a beat up set of wood stocks to spray black for the HD mod. I will not ruin my nice original stocks.

Good luck with the rest of your project.

thefenux

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Old Phart said:
Now that the wood is butchered....mmm, I mean, customized, I would spray it with some black truck bed liner so it matches the look of the other modifications.

I did my old Glenfield 30-30 "Tactical Lever Gun" stocks with bed liner, and I am very happy with the way it turned out. It gives it a nice grip texture, besides the "black gun" look.

I am making a HD gun from an 1100, and prefer the feel and weight of the wood stocks over synthetic, so I have been looking for a beat up set of wood stocks to spray black for the HD mod. I will not ruin my nice original stocks.

Good luck with the rest of your project.

I'm not a big fan of the bed liner feel. And the checkering on it seems to provide plenty of grip for me. However I am still seriously considering refinishing it in a very dark ebony color.

Latest posts

Top Bottom