1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Remington 550-1 sight question

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing & Repairs' started by BUDMAN-BILL, Jun 9, 2021 at 4:21 PM.

1. BUDMAN-BILL

BUDMAN-BILL Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Have a 550-1 that has the front sight missing. Any help finding a replacement would be appreciated.

i have looked on gunparts.corp and the one they have listed looks like a brick on top of the barrel.

2. Catt57

Catt57 Gill-Gun Guru

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
  3. BUDMAN-BILL

BUDMAN-BILL Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Yes, I believe its a 3/8 and I didn’t see that on ebay, thanks for pointing it out. But dang, $60 bucks and all I need is the front sight

4. Cowbaby

Cowbaby Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Numerich has one that fits in stock. Lyman replacement, 15 bucks. I have been up and down this sight finding road too many times. You can also type marbles or lyman front sight in ebays searches lots of those usually pop up and then its just a matter of searching for an image of the old lyman or marbles sight chart for the number and what it fits. Unless your stuck on OEM then get ready to pay thru the nose for vintage parts.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-manufacturer/remington/rifles-rem/550-1

5. BUDMAN-BILL

BUDMAN-BILL Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Well, I found one. $30 bucks later. The one off of a Remington 510,512 and so on works for the 550-1. Small difference is the hight. The 512 is a tad higher. It will work for what I’m doing.