Remington 870 Barrel for H&R Pardner Pump

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twistedbullet

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
i bought a H&R Pardner Pump 12 gauge, u was told all parts of a remington 870 will match everything on a pardner pump, Is that true??? im wanting a new barrel for it specifically for bird hunting, but i dont know what barrel i can buy for it???? any help please

Last edited:

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The barrel lug is farther forward on the pardner due to the slightly longer magazine tube. You can use a remington barrel but you'll have to use a small section of pipe slid over the pardners magazine tube to make up for the difference. It is discussed online many places and if you put the 870 barrel on the pardner and then put the cap on you'll immediately see the gap and the need for a spacer. I wouldn't bother buying an 870 barrel for the protector. For a little more money you can get a used 870 with a good vent rib barrel, a field model pardner or a mossberg maverick. I would only use the spacer if you already have the 870 barrel because it kinda looks funny I think.