Removing Finger Grooves on a Glock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those of you who have done this; would you please post up how you did it? A tutorial kind of thing, so folks aren't reinventing the wheel when they decide to tackle the job? And I don't wanna hear none of this "Just Buy a Gen 5..."noise either please! Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I use a Dremel with sanding wheel to get the majority of it, then use a strip of sandpaper the length of the frontstrap, the Chuck the gun in a vise and get to sanding back and forth. Finish with an aggressive stipple and done.

I know what you're thinking, and yes it true, I'm not a fan of Glocks. I have done quite a few grip reduction, undercut and stipple jobs on them though.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I send mine to a guy in California, get a grip reduction and stipple on all glock and 80% glock frames, feels like a completely different pistol afterwards.

Most guys use a dremel sanding wheel, just go slow.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Could you please send contact info, if this guy takes orders from customers?

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use a Dremel with sanding wheel to get the majority of it, then use a strip of sandpaper the length of the frontstrap, the Chuck the gun in a vise and get to sanding back and forth. Finish with an aggressive stipple and done.

I know what you're thinking, and yes it true, I'm not a fan of Glocks. I have done quite a few grip reduction, undercut and stipple jobs on them though.

Thanks. I have a couple of questions though:

(1). If you offer this as a service for a fee, could you please send or post info on such? I'm not so sure I'd want stippling...just want get rid of the dang finger grooves. I'm tempted to try it myself but I have close to zero artistic talent and limited skills with most any kind of tool, especially those that require electricity to work. Electricity is the work of the devil.
(2). Who does your hair?

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
20170924_114419.jpg
Thanks. I have a couple of questions though:

(1). If you offer this as a service for a fee, could you please send or post info on such? I'm not so sure I'd want stippling...just want get rid of the dang finger grooves. I'm tempted to try it myself but I have close to zero artistic talent and limited skills with most any kind of tool, especially those that require electricity to work. Electricity is the work of the devil.
(2). Who does your hair?

I don't do it for a business. I used to own a Glock and did work on mine and then family and friends have had me do theirs.
Patience is your best friend if you decide to tackle it yourself.
i680.photobucket.com_albums_vv162_robar_g19_100_0809.jpg

Last edited:

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Undercut the trigger guard would make mine sooo much better

Yeah, I need to do this too. It didn't use bother me too much before, until I got to reading where a lot of folks found it caused them significant pain and grief, now it's almost unbearable to shoot my G19. So I'll tell ya what: Bring your Glock on over and we'll undercut your trigger guard, get rid of the dang finger grooves (dremel, files, sandpaper large blunt knives, axe, saw, etc. ) and then if it looks good, and we don't fubar it up too much, we'll do mine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom