restarting my long term preps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akgriffin

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I finished 180 lbs of sugar we had, i finally got it all put in mylar bags and then stored in these 5 gal food grade buckets. I did have things in 55 gal metal drums but learned after my house fire in january that its hard as hell to move them. Now its on to the rice and beans...

Attachments

• 117172744_1146700059035774_7944638381097955134_n.jpg
    117172744_1146700059035774_7944638381097955134_n.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 102

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh man, sorry to hear about your fire! How are you finding prices to be?? Here in the City it's kinda a crapshoot. Some places still have limits on how much you can buy, too, but that is easing up a bit.

akgriffin

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh man, sorry to hear about your fire! How are you finding prices to be?? Here in the City it's kinda a crapshoot. Some places still have limits on how much you can buy, too, but that is easing up a bit.

i ask the wife to pick up what i need so i dont have to go to town and get pissed off by people. from what she tells me is things here in mcalester are still hard to find especially when the welfare and ssi people clean up.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i ask the wife to pick up what i need so i dont have to go to town and get pissed off by people. from what she tells me is things here in mcalester are still hard to find especially when the welfare and ssi people clean up.

Yeah I hear ya about that getting pissed thing. Lol

Dang! That kinda sucks. I "just" this last week started seeing yeast back on store shelves here. I now how several pounds of yeast in my freezer and I'm being a lot nicer to my sourdough starter. Lol

Flour of all kinds has been kinda hit and miss but is a bit more stable now, too. I have noticed prices are higher -- and containers are smaller -- in some things, also.

L.C.

👮🏻RETIRED L.E.O.👮🏻
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hate to hear about your bad luck.
I hope nothing like that happens to me, I would hate to have to start over replacing my preps.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah I hear ya about that getting pissed thing. Lol

Dang! That kinda sucks. I "just" this last week started seeing yeast back on store shelves here. I now how several pounds of yeast in my freezer and I'm being a lot nicer to my sourdough starter. Lol

Flour of all kinds has been kinda hit and miss but is a bit more stable now, too. I have noticed prices are higher -- and containers are smaller -- in some things, also.

I snagged a grain mill here in the classifieds a few months back for a steal, then proceeded to buy hard wheat.. It is quite a chore to make a useable amount of flour, but 1 is capable of doing so..

Latest posts

Top Bottom