1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

restarting my long term preps

Discussion in 'Preppers' Corner' started by akgriffin, Aug 6, 2020.

1. akgriffin

akgriffin Sharpshooter

I finished 180 lbs of sugar we had, i finally got it all put in mylar bags and then stored in these 5 gal food grade buckets. I did have things in 55 gal metal drums but learned after my house fire in january that its hard as hell to move them. Now its on to the rice and beans...

Attached Files:

2. THAT Gurl

THAT Gurl Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Oh man, sorry to hear about your fire! How are you finding prices to be?? Here in the City it's kinda a crapshoot. Some places still have limits on how much you can buy, too, but that is easing up a bit.

3. akgriffin

akgriffin Sharpshooter

i ask the wife to pick up what i need so i dont have to go to town and get pissed off by people. from what she tells me is things here in mcalester are still hard to find especially when the welfare and ssi people clean up.

THAT Gurl likes this.
  4. THAT Gurl

THAT Gurl Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Yeah I hear ya about that getting pissed thing. Lol

Dang! That kinda sucks. I "just" this last week started seeing yeast back on store shelves here. I now how several pounds of yeast in my freezer and I'm being a lot nicer to my sourdough starter. Lol

Flour of all kinds has been kinda hit and miss but is a bit more stable now, too. I have noticed prices are higher -- and containers are smaller -- in some things, also.

akgriffin likes this.
  5. Les Carter

Les Carter Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Hate to hear about your bad luck.
    I hope nothing like that happens to me, I would hate to have to start over replacing my preps.

6. Timmy59

Timmy59 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I snagged a grain mill here in the classifieds a few months back for a steal, then proceeded to buy hard wheat.. It is quite a chore to make a useable amount of flour, but 1 is capable of doing so..

THAT Gurl likes this.