1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Restored Western Knife

Discussion in 'Knives' started by steelfingers, Oct 4, 2020.

1. steelfingers

steelfingers Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Had one like this long ago and saw this one in an auction so I picked it up. Had lots of pitting and a few nicks in the blade but I went to work on it a little at a time. It's beautiful now. I love the grip and the full tang. Fits my hand like a glove. Did well apexing the blade and she's pretty sharp. I'm not done because I love working on it. Last thing will be come mothers wax and buffing once I'm down to a 800/1000 grit.
    Original sheath and made to carry.
    knife 1.jpg Knife 2.jpg Knife 3.jpg Knife 4.jpg Knife 5.jpg

2. harley128

harley128 Sharpshooter

Special Hen
    Rating
    94.1%
    Very nice

3. Hangfire

Hangfire Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    @steelfingers Western made some really good knives back in the day.

I've got two Western W-49 bowies (they are a big heavy knife, the blade 9 3/4" long...2" wide and the OAL is 14 3/4") on wood display stands that I can glance over and look at as I peck this......one is a 1977 and the other is a 1981 and both are pre-Coleman with the drop loop sheaths.

Although not a issue item some of our field troops purchased the W-49's from the PX and carried them in Vietnam back in the 60's and early 70's......I preferred something lighter and less bulky and I was able to scrounge up a Ka-Bar.

WBB.jpg

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
    retrieverman and steelfingers like this.