Returning to OK, use out of state carry permit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
once u have moved to OK and have an OK drivers license i believe it terminates the concealed carry license from other states.

now you can live here temp temporality , travel thru OK , and take some time once you have moved here before you get your OK DL and the reciprocity agreement is in effect.

once you get your OK drivers license the reciprocity agreement is no longer in place.

firefighterguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
once u have moved to OK and have an OK drivers license i believe it terminates the concealed carry license from other states.

now you can live here temp temporality , travel thru OK , and take some time once you have moved here before you get your OK DL and the reciprocity agreement is in effect.

once you get your OK drivers license the reciprocity agreement is no longer in place.

Link??

That's not written in the SDA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"once u have moved to OK and have an OK drivers license i believe it terminates the concealed carry license from other states".

This is an oft-repeated internet myth.
Here is a response to that question directly from the OSBI:

Jessica Brown
<
[email protected]
>
Subject:
RE: SDA reciprocity
Date:
08/08/2006 07:22
To:
[email protected]
<
It is not up to theOSBI. Individual states have to make that decision. Oklahoma honorsall other state's gun permits.

For example, if you have a Texas permit, it remains valid when you become a non-Texas resident.
If you have a KY permit, it terminates when your KY residency ends.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All these laws are so goofy.

I am still on my TX CHL since OK wont let you just transfer it like a DL...you gotta take the course again, pay again and wait again. You could bypass the course if you can get an instructor to sign off on it (my understanding, good luck with THAT) but still gotta pay the government fee and wait it out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom