Review of Desantis Mini Slide OWB Holster- "Just Okay"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I admit to being a bit of a Holster snob, as such, I wouldn’t normally buy a holster like this, but decided what the heck, I’ll give it a try. I dropped $50 bucks on it, got it in just a couple of days, but honestly, I wish I had my $50 bucks back. One can buy a much better holster from UBGHolsters.com for $65; but no, I couldn’t wait for something to carry my Glock 29 in so I had to go and spend the money now so I could get a holster for it quickly. Anyway, I was kind of disappointed when it arrived. It’s much more soft than I like, in an OWB Rig especially. It just doesn’t have that saddle-stiff leather feel to it that I am accustomed to, it’s more like a soft piece one would buy, like a ladies wallet or something. The leather is of decent quality, it’s just not “hard” enough for my tastes. It is shaped, molded, and stitched well though. It also rides nice and high for good concealment. But. I may have to let it find a new home, at a loss of course, and just wait for a better yet more expensive holster for my occasional OWB Wear. I bought a Glock Sport- Combat Rig for OWB for now and should have my IWB from TT Gunleather in another week or so. I mean, the Desantis is “alright” but I don’t like “alright” in leather. I like tough and awesome. And that, my friends, it is not. It is a “nice” holster, don’t get me wrong, and it does have adjustable retention, which is a nice touch. I mean it beats a nylon job all day long. But it’s just not for me. Here’s the pics:
dd0e7fdbbb1370d4578b571001ba0a82.jpg
b11c616df38af69190d202454d3c580b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@druryj did you or do you find any necessity in the curved belt slots? I've considered cutting this type of slot or slots that get a little wider towards the middle. Not sure if I'm just trying to cure a problem that doesn't exist though. Thanks

Cowcatcher

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
These very "defined" holsters sure look nice and a gun almost snaps in and out of its home. I need to build me a vacuum so I can achieve this. I've also looked at building a "book press" but looks very problematic.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
These very "defined" holsters sure look nice and a gun almost snaps in and out of its home. I need to build me a vacuum so I can achieve this. I've also looked at building a "book press" but looks very problematic.

Don't tell anybody, but I've had good luck using a food saver vacuum sealer. It will leave a cross hatch pattern from one side of the bag, but a paper shop towel eliminates some of that. I just put the cross hatch on the back side. Plus, I can save food!
20170808_075430.jpg

Cowcatcher

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't tell anybody, but I've had good luck using a food saver vacuum sealer. It will leave a cross hatch pattern from one side of the bag, but a paper shop towel eliminates some of that. I just put the cross hatch on the back side. Plus, I can save food!View attachment 112893
I was watching YouTube bout that just a minute ago. One fella said some bag companies have bags that are smooth on both sides of interior. Thanks!
That's a nice holster you've built!

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@druryj did you or do you find any necessity in the curved belt slots? I've considered cutting this type of slot or slots that get a little wider towards the middle. Not sure if I'm just trying to cure a problem that doesn't exist though. Thanks

Greg Kramer does his belt slits like this on his Belt Scabbards. Before he branched out, he used to work for Desantis; maybe there’s that connection? I read about those; they supposedly help to pull the butt of the pistol in a little tighter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom