Rib Crib

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Their food tastes like ass!

Everything I've ever tried there is nasty and today was no exception.

I had a gift card in my wallet from last Christmas so I thought I would use it to get some dinner.

It's been a couple of years since I ate there so I decided to chance it. Bad decision.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can’t stand their signature ribs.
Ribs shouldn’t “fall off the bone”. That’s pulled pork imho.
When I do ribs, I want to actually pick up a rib, slap some lips over it and gently remove the rib meat from the bone with my teeth, not dig into a pile of rib bones with a spoon to eat that rib crib stuff.
The one in town here tastes like it’s been rewarmed in a microwave before serving.
If I’m forced to eat there, it’s usually the three meat dish with sausage brisket and chicken.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like Rib Crib once in a while, but I'm not a huge fan of barbecue in general, I can get tired of it quickly if I have it too often. There seems to be some difference in quality from one Rib Crib to another, the one in Sapulpa is where I usually eat, rarely the one in Sand Springs but they seem to be two of the better ones.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That sucks. Down in Lawton, that's about all we have. Sure, there's Billy Simm's and John & Cooks BBQ, but I don't like those places either.

Rib Cribs ribs suck. They taste about like any other factory made pressure cooker rib. Never been a fan of their sliced brisket either. I usually get a 2meat chicken and chopped beef, add a hot link. It's usually pretty passable, but it's the best Lawton has.

I know they have a smokestack out back, but I'm pretty suspect they use it to just reheat stuff prepared in a factory and to lure people driving by

Makes me miss the Dougan's BBQ of my childhood. On a positive note, Lawton is only three hours from Underwoods BBQ down in Brownwood.

Latest posts

Top Bottom