Rib Crib

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
My final boss before I retired, was a multi-millionaire from Nicaragua, and his favorite place for lunch in Tulsa was Rib Crib. I tried taking him to many other spots over the years, but every time he came to town, we would have at least one lunch at Rib Crib and one at the Hard Rock buffet.
I never figured you for a drug dealer.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ate at Bob's in Ada once or twice, but I really was too poor to eat BBQ out much.

Nowadays, most places people talk about dont impress me much, I BBQ at home and we love ours... but then... you kinda do tailor your recipe and technique to what you like, so that makes sense.

I'm the same with steaks - most of the ones I have eaten 'out' in the last few years leave me disappointed.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ate at Bob's in Ada once or twice, but I really was too poor to eat BBQ out much.

Nowadays, most places people talk about dont impress me much, I BBQ at home and we love ours... but then... you kinda do tailor your recipe and technique to what you like, so that makes sense.

I'm the same with steaks - most of the ones I have eaten 'out' in the last few years leave me disappointed.

Spot on! We tailor our food to what we want. My background comes from doing the BBQ circuit for a few years with a stick burner.
The KCBS competition rules for smoking meat is what we still go by for doneness but we alter the seasonings like all of us do to suit our personal tastes.
It's a great hobby!

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I managed to salvage the rest of the ribs by stripping off all the meat and just eating the bones.

Not really... I mixed up a small batch of hot bbq sauce and mixed it in with the rib meat to make some decent bbq sandwiches.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Does anyone remember Crockett's Smokehouse?

There was one on Air Depot I think it was way back when that I would eat at now and then. A few years later there was one in Shawnee for a while. I never figured out why it didn't last very long.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Bob's was the greatest.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

There was one on Air Depot I think it was way back when that I would eat at now and then. A few years later there was one in Shawnee for a while. I never figured out why it didn't last very long.

We had a Crockett's Smokehouse here in Lawton. I think I ate there once. Everyone raved about the baked potatoes, nobody raved about the BBQ. They closed six or seven years ago.

Okiedog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Yessir! Also remember Underwoods. Wasn't there also a bbq/steakhouse on the NE corner of NW 10th & Rockwell? Seams like the may have had flaming torches out front.

Latest posts

Top Bottom