Rigging axe maintenance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got enthused to sand the the rust off of an old carpenter tool I used briefly, decades ago. Worked on a ”rough in carpenter crew” decades ago,(1978). After swinging this monster, for a couple weeks, I quickly went out and bought a (22oz.?) framing hammer. Improved the bevel with my Lansky puck, sanded the handle down, then rubbed in some boiled Linseed oil. Never would have thought of, or spent the time and effort as a young man. Something inspired me.

Attachments

• EEC6A066-BED1-43D0-84AD-8A7AC5687447.jpeg
    EEC6A066-BED1-43D0-84AD-8A7AC5687447.jpeg
    905.7 KB · Views: 6

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got enthused to sand the the rust off of an old carpenter tool I used briefly, decades ago. Worked on a ”rough in carpenter crew” decades ago,(1978). After swinging this monster, for a couple weeks, I quickly went out and bought a (22oz.?) framing hammer. Improved the bevel with my Lansky puck, sanded the handle down, then rubbed in some boiled Linseed oil. Never would have thought of, or spent the time and effort as a young man. Something inspired me.
got 2 ! one was my grandfathers use it at deer camp every year

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They made a better hatchet than a hammer. They are for sloppy carpenters that needs to trim up around frames for doors and windows to fit.

I knew a old school Trim/Cabinet Man that kept them around and could nail anything with them! He enjoyed showing his collection of them, and would always say they all could shave a man!

Latest posts

Top Bottom