Rijas Services AR-15

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColtDogg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe someone should have Rijas Services show up at a range and show us what their rifle will do. I would love to see them shoot 1/2 MOA at 1000 yards1/2 MOA at 1000 yards... Just sayin...

Spata

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe someone should have Rijas Services show up at a range and show us what their rifle will do. I would love to see them shoot 1/2 MOA at 1000 yards1/2 MOA at 1000 yards... Just sayin...

I'd pay to watch them shoot 5" groups with their super custom ar10s. The best I could ever do with one of my 24" lr 308's was 8" and that was with a handload.

JaredC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ATF views any weapon where an FFL does as little as pinning the upper to the lower as a manufacturer. That weapon now has to be entered into the FFL's manufacture book with that FFL as the manufacturer, and have the new the FFL's name, city and state engraved on the firearms. It must be no less than 1/16" in height and no less than 0.003" deep. Most of the time laser engraving does not get that deep. A 'FFL 07 (manufacturer)' can manufacture 49 firearms a year and not have to pay an excise tax, when he hits 50 he has to pay that tax on all 50 and over. Hope this clarifies questions in this matter. This information should be no mystery to FFLs, because it is in the ATF FFL book that all FFL's should have.

Good info, thanks. So anyone who puts an AR together with store bought parts is technically a manufacturer, even though, by regular world definitions, they are just a parts assembler. So the next time a Rijas guy tells me they are an AR Manufacturer, I can shake his hand and tell him so am I and welcome him to the brotherhood?

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes if you are a FFL 07, because the definition is working off the ATF information for that license. If a FFL does not have the 07 and they are putting AR15's together, and not engraving their FFL name, city and state, they are in violation of ATF rules, and is in jeopardy of losing their license, according to ATF.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ATF views any weapon where an FFL does as little as pinning the upper to the lower as a manufacturer. That weapon now has to be entered into the FFL's manufacture book with that FFL as the manufacturer, and have the new the FFL's name, city and state engraved on the firearms. It must be no less than 1/16" in height and no less than 0.003" deep. Most of the time laser engraving does not get that deep. A 'FFL 07 (manufacturer)' can manufacture 49 firearms a year and not have to pay an excise tax, when he hits 50 he has to pay that tax on all 50 and over. Hope this clarifies questions in this matter. This information should be no mystery to FFLs, because it is in the ATF FFL book that all FFL's should have.

Mark, does your FFL book actually say 1/16" height for the name/city/state info?

The reason I ask is that the actual federal regulation (Title 27, subsection 479.102) only states that the serial number must be 1/16" high and .003" deep. The name/city/state only says "conspicuously placed" and .003" deep. It does not list a height requirement.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL, hadn't seen this thread yet but the stories are very funny. Surprised someone hasn't gotten a camera and recorded some of the BS that these guys are slinging. Be some funny stuff to post to youtube.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
My major point was 1/2 MOA at 1000 yards. I don't believe there is a rifle in existence that is that accurate. Certainly not a semi. I have a 20" LWRC R.E.P.R.that can't pull that off. The man was full of s--t. A f---ing bolt gun will not group that well. 1/2 MOA at 100 yards is damn fine accuracy.

On the contrary, it is most certainly possible, and is done quite routinely in the long-range shooting world. Yes, mainly with bolt guns, but still very possible.

With an AR platform, shooting 5" rings at 1000 yards, especially with the off-the-shelf parts and generally low-to-mid-range optics that Rijas uses, I'd agree, is likely as much bull-puckey. I'm surprised no one has ever challenged him to demonstrate, or perhaps they have and he has not accepted.

Hmmmm......

Maybe OSA as a group should initiate a challenge to Rijas to demonstrate the accuracy of his off-the-shelf, run-of-the-mill rifles for us to document for posterity? I know I'd personally chip in $100-200 to buy one or two of his rifles for the demonstration, then donate them to charity or raffle them off after the event was over. We could offer him the full support and endorsement of OSA (or perhaps just the OSA membership), or free advertising on the site, or something to make it worth his while - IF he can back up his claims. Obviously, we'd need to have some designated shooters. Even perhaps have our own FBT, CHA or someone else submit rifles for the same "competition." We'd also, of course, have to find a good place to hold the challenge.

I'm serious. I know there is no way he will take us up on the offer, but it would be interesting to make it a public offer and see him either accept and pass, fail or simply reject the offer.

Anyone else interested?

JaredC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes if you are a FFL 07, because the definition is working off the ATF information for that license. If a FFL does not have the 07 and they are putting AR15's together, and not engraving their FFL name, city and state, they are in violation of ATF rules, and is in jeopardy of losing their license, according to ATF.

Mostly I was just being a smart ass. But that definition only applies if you are building them with the intent to sell, correct?

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mostly I was just being a smart ass. But that definition only applies if you are building them with the intent to sell, correct?

Yes. Building for your own personal use does not require a manufacturing license or any engraving. Now if you are doing a Form 1 for an SBR, then the engraving is required.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My major point was 1/2 MOA at 1000 yards. I don't believe there is a rifle in existence that is that accurate. Certainly not a semi. I have a 20" LWRC R.E.P.R.that can't pull that off. The man was full of s--t. A f---ing bolt gun will not group that well. 1/2 MOA at 100 yards is damn fine accuracy.

http://beanlandrifles.com/

I've had to privilege to watch Jon shoot 1/4 at a grand, half moa at 1600. He takes good parts and makes them pure perfection.

Latest posts

Top Bottom