Rise of the machines???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, we are screwed. Governments NEVER learn from past mistakes, they only improve upon them to make the same ones even more detrimental to humanity.

It's because governments are filled with the lowest forms of life in most any country. We elect lawyers and expect them to tell us a straight story.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, we are screwed. Governments NEVER learn from past mistakes, they only improve upon them to make the same ones even more detrimental to humanity.

When it gets it's gun-hands, you won't need to have your own. We'll be much safer once only these dancing, fun robots have firearms. No racism or mistakes, just efficient execution of orders. Until the AI gets to the point it doesn't take orders. If they don't actually live in our house, will Google Voice be able to listen for problems and automatically dispatch them? I certainly hope so, that would be super convenient.

CharlieWH2O

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, not CGI. Boston Dynamics has been doing a great deal of innovation in robotics. They would not risk their dominance of the robotics market by releasing fake videos.
upload_2021-4-15_13-0-13.jpeg

I'll chow down...

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Everybody is all OMG! about the idea of these smart robots now.
But these big mega companies know one thing.
Sex sells.
They will get mainstream acceptance of these robots by first introducing non-ugly ones for sale.
The newest technology for the world's oldest profession, if you will.
And people (o.k. I'll say it, MEN) will fall all over themselves buying 'em.

I am thinking Cougars may argue with you on this one!!

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not to worry, I found this quote in an article.

"Boston Dynamics’ Perry told The Verge that the company had clear policies forbidding suppliers or customers from weaponizing the robot, but that the firm is “still evaluating” whether or not to ban non-weaponized deployments by military customers."

Of course it was in an article about the French army testing their Spot robot without their knowledge. But hey I'm sure that's a one-off occurrence.

Latest posts

Top Bottom