Riton scope deals on Woot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I went by bear beam firearms (around the corner from my work) and picked up a stripped Anderson lower today just to have on hand and saw P.A. has essentially the same optic. I believe the price was 129.99. It's got a different reticle but is sfp also. Makes me wonder if this really was the super deal it was made out to be.
I believe the scope you saw at that price is for a 22LR or their Classic series which is their budget line.

I researched the heck out these scopes before I bought one. I doubt that you will find one anywhere near the quality for that price.

The closest scope in price and quality that I have found is the Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6 with a mount for $270 on PSA.

Last edited:

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
I believe the scope you saw at that price is for a 22LR or their Classic series which is their budget line.

I researched the heck out these scopes before I bought one. I doubt that you will find one anywhere near the quality for that price.

The closest scope in price and quality that I have found is the Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6 with a mount for $270 on PSA.
Please correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't a better comparison be the Vortex Crossfire II 1-4×24 Illuminated V-brite ? Midway has them for $199 plus a code for your choice of a $40 gift card or Vortex rings.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Please correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't a better comparison be the Vortex Crossfire II 1-4×24 Illuminated V-brite ? Midway has them for $199 plus a code for your choice of a $40 gift card or Vortex rings.
From what I have found online the Crossfire II has a lower quality glass than the Riton Mod3.

Sorry that I can't point you to all the reviews and such. I literally watched and read near one hundred of them.

Also I have found that reading the negative reviews as well as the positive ones gives you more info for comparison.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
From what I have found online the Crossfire II has a lower quality glass than the Riton Mod3.

Sorry that I can't point you to all the reviews and such. I literally watched and read near one hundred of them.
I believe you. I'm beginning to realize how meticulous you are.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Got mine out last night to look it over, I got the 1-4 power. First I liked it having the lens covers BUT you have to turn the front cover around to focus, not to inconvenient, just different. Looking through it and focused it, started out on 1 then increasing power up. The object I'm looking at gets smaller the more I increase power?? Any ideas before I email them?

Any reply from Riton about your scope yet?

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
So far I'm not loving it. It is my first variable power ar optic. It's heavy, and I can't clear my mbus with it. Not that it matters because it's not a QD mount. I will take it to the range and try it out see how she does.

20200227_203400.jpg
20200227_203436.jpg

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
So far I'm not loving it. It is my first variable power ar optic. It's heavy, and I can't clear my mbus with it. Not that it matters because it's not a QD mount. I will take it to the range and try it out see how she does.

View attachment 155070 View attachment 155071
At first I was a little disappointed that my MBUS wouldn't fit behind the scope but then I realized that at 1x it works like a prism scope and the reticle is visible illuminated or not.

Since I had put a prism scope on another AR recently and decided I didn't need MBUS on it, it's about the same deal so no biggie for me.

I hope you end up liking it okay. If not, you might be able to twist my arm a bit and convince me to take it off of your hands. [emoji16]

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Well, I decided that I should jump on the Woot train and I'm going to put a serious test on the 1-4x24 when I mount it on my .458 Socom. :-) Now I just need to find a mount on it that won't fail on the first shot. I might go ahead and get the Burris PEPR since I've heard pretty good things about them.

You will love that Burris PEPR.

Latest posts

Top Bottom