Rock Island Armory 1911's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Blasphemy indeed. Even Colt makes a 1911 "rail gun". Oh, the shame. You just have to ask yourself, "What Would John Moses Browning Do?".

HackerF15E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of the RIA. I have one of the 5" GI config because that's all that was available at the time (before the Tactical model was introduced), and it's been nothing but a great shooter.

That being said, as the RIA price has gone up, I think it's value may not be as attractive as it has been for the last 5 years or so. At the current price, somewhere in the $400 range, I think you can do just as well with a used Springfield or similar.

The tactical model does appear to have some good features at a nice price point if that floats your boat.

Here's a photo comparison thread I put together a couple years ago between the RIA and the Springfield GI:

http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/showthread.php?t=414414

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mr.357Sig said:
Blasphemy indeed. Even Colt makes a 1911 "rail gun". Oh, the shame. You just have to ask yourself, "What Would John Moses Browning Do?".

Probably ask himself "why didn't I think of that" and then hang a Surefire on it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom