Rock Island Armory 1911's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's the 5" tactical tack driver

i216.photobucket.com_albums_cc234_hurst_52_RIA.jpg

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey Beast, nope I have not, between work, weather, and wind I haven't been able to get out and shoot the RIA or my FN. If there was an indoor range near us here in podunk Enid I would gladly have been twice to test out both pistols, but sadly the closest is in OKC and I don't have 3 hours travel time plus an hour and a half for range time to spare right now.

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Alright finally got out to the range today and shot it, didn't take any paper targets with since the GRA range isn't setup for pistol shooters and I didn't feel like lugging out a makeshift stand to just have it blown over by the wind(enough complaining). We did however take out bottles filled with water and placed them on the 25 yard berm, and the first shot missed by just a bit (first time firing a 1911) the second shot however was dead center of the bottle and all subsequent shots we grouped extremely well. Now I am not the best shot with any handgun I do much better with rifles, but I felt really confident with the RIA Match after one magazine and the mags I put through after just brought that confidence up even more. The next time we go to an indoor range I will take it with and post up pics of the groupings.

So from just getting out today and playing around with it I will 100% say that this will be a gun in my permanent collection and I will be looking to pick up another RIA at some point in the future.

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i picked up a ria officer's model (tactical) yesterday at the gun show after reading tons of good reviews. i put about 6 mags through it and its a great gun, very accurate.
i56.photobucket.com_albums_g180_bushMASTER06_DSCN1475a.jpg

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
mind if I asked how much the Officer model cost ya?

Guz if you are looking at getting one check my earlier post in this thread (i believe on the first page) and i posted links to the best prices I could find on the web.

TCummings Im glad you got to shoot it and love your pistol, I cant wait to see those pics!!!

And did you get a chance to put new grips on it, if so what kind? Once again the Hogue grip like seen in my pic or bushmaster's is phenomenal especially for about $10.

GUZ371

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guz if you are looking at getting one check my earlier post in this thread (i believe on the first page) and i posted links to the best prices I could find on the web.

TCummings Im glad you got to shoot it and love your pistol, I cant wait to see those pics!!!

And did you get a chance to put new grips on it, if so what kind? Once again the Hogue grip like seen in my pic or bushmaster's is phenomenal especially for about $10.

Thanks for that, I don't know how I missed that link.

Latest posts

Top Bottom