Rocket Stove

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrsgomezclan

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our teenaged (at the time) boys built a couple of rocket stoves a few years ago. They were small ones, made from cans gotten out of a junk pile near our house. Those things got really hot, really fast. It was quite empowering for them to make something from found materials and have it work in a useful way.

We also made a couple of those food cookers with a tuna can and rubbing alcohol. Those get SUPER hot. A can of food heats to boiling in a minute or so. Make sure you have pot holders at the ready, lol!

OKC9-12LEDR1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Best way to utilize a rocket stove is called a Rocket Mass Heater. You can find all kinds of info on this site.
http://www.richsoil.com/rocket-stove-mass-heater.jsp

I am working on a couple projects right now that I was considering a rocket stove for. I had plans to build a fairly large
one to use in my green house, but have decided to go with a wood fired boiler insteaed. I can use it to provide hot water
to several different kinds of heating needs. Not as much danger of fire and not smoke smell in the house.

Rocket stove would be great for small spaces. Red Dawn has a small version for a cheap price. $30-40 I believe.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Finally got stove ready and fired it up Saturday. Burned like you were pouring gas on it, then quit. Doesn't draw like I think it should, will make a couple mods on it and see how it goes.....

Latest posts

Top Bottom