1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Rookie Knifemaker pics

Discussion in 'Photo Album' started by warrior45, Feb 24, 2010.

1. warrior45

warrior45 Sharpshooter

Hello everyone.

Most of you may not know me. I just moved to Oklahoma going on two years ago. I recently picked up a new hobby and would like to share. I have completed 4 blades now. I started to get serious about it about 3 months ago when I got my 2x72" grinder. Life was tough on the little 2x42" single speed. I am now hooked and there is no turning back. I have gained so much from my favorite makers and collectors alike and look forward to getting better with every attempt. I do 100% of the work start to finish and includes heat treating in my small forge. As I get better I plan on upgrading my equipment and start working with other steels. For now I use high carbon steel. 1075, 1080-84, 5160, 6150 and 1095.

Thank you all for viewing and I look forward to hearing everyones opinions. Again I am a Rookie so please take it easy on me.

First up is the first I completed. It went to a good buddy of mine that served our country proud through 20 years service in the Army. He is now a Stryker Instructor. He wanted a cool design that could be used as an entry tool and chopper. This is what came from that idea.
    ai201.photobucket.com_albums_aa286_FinalFusion_AAMorgansBlade99Complete003.jpg

Second is my attempt at making a micro chopper. Not very practical so I am in the process of modding it.
    ai201.photobucket.com_albums_aa286_FinalFusion_ALittleBeastlyBlade002.jpg

Third was a fun design I wanted to make my brother. I will NEVER use white micarta again. It is the demon......This was also my first attempt at Jeweling AKA Engine turning:
    ai201.photobucket.com_albums_aa286_FinalFusion_AreksBlade006.jpg

ai201.photobucket.com_albums_aa286_FinalFusion_AreksBlade007.jpg

Last up. A very special knife I made for a very special lady in my life. My wifes blade. This was a late Valentines gift, early Anniversary and congrats to my son that is growing in her tummy.
    ai201.photobucket.com_albums_aa286_FinalFusion_ABrandisBlade001.jpg

ai201.photobucket.com_albums_aa286_FinalFusion_ABrandisBlade003.jpg

ai201.photobucket.com_albums_aa286_FinalFusion_ABrandisBlade007.jpg

Thank you all for viewing. This is just the start of my journey. I hope you all chose to follow as I learn this trade. I never thought knifemaking would be this difficult. I was so wrong. I hope you can see the progression from the 1st to 4th. At least I like to think I am progressing:confused:

Stay warm Oklahoma, wish Spring/Summer would hurry up and get here.:freezing:

Chris

2. Danielkines77

Danielkines77 Sharpshooter

nice job man....

3. grwd

grwd Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    drive on, brother!
    You show promise!

4. Dr. Tad Hussein Winslow

Dr. Tad Hussein Winslow Sharpshooter

Wow - incredible, especially the last one - very impressive. :)

5. warrior45

warrior45 Sharpshooter

Thank you all so very much. Being so new to this it means a great deal to hear the support and encouragement.

You guys Rock!!!!

Chris

6. bcox

bcox Sharpshooter

Hey warrior45, I saw these over on knifedogs, they look great, how much would one of those choppers go for? Looks like a sweet zombie weapon

7. Nanotech9

Nanotech9 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    cool! how do you do the jeweling? I've always been curious...

8. zerotonothing

zerotonothing Sharpshooter

I want one of the entry tool/choppers. I don't think I'm alone when I say....we need pricing!! LOL!

9. sumoj275

sumoj275 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    W45, what can I say. Your tallent has progressed so much from the first through the 4th one. Keep up the work!

I have known W45 for a bit now. He and I have traded blades, funny stories, and ideas off each other. I can't wait to get some time to hit the river and find some points with this guy. You can not find a better guy.

10. gundummy911

gundummy911 Sharpshooter

Love that #2!! If your unsatified with it, and need a different white handle material, I have a 1"X4"X24" block of white Corian I would swap towards it lots of knife handles there polishes out to a white quartz look...........=)

LMK,
    BT

P.S. Congrats on the Little one!