Rookie Knifemaker pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warrior45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

Most of you may not know me. I just moved to Oklahoma going on two years ago. I recently picked up a new hobby and would like to share. I have completed 4 blades now. I started to get serious about it about 3 months ago when I got my 2x72" grinder. Life was tough on the little 2x42" single speed. I am now hooked and there is no turning back. I have gained so much from my favorite makers and collectors alike and look forward to getting better with every attempt. I do 100% of the work start to finish and includes heat treating in my small forge. As I get better I plan on upgrading my equipment and start working with other steels. For now I use high carbon steel. 1075, 1080-84, 5160, 6150 and 1095.

Thank you all for viewing and I look forward to hearing everyones opinions. Again I am a Rookie so please take it easy on me.

First up is the first I completed. It went to a good buddy of mine that served our country proud through 20 years service in the Army. He is now a Stryker Instructor. He wanted a cool design that could be used as an entry tool and chopper. This is what came from that idea.
ai201.photobucket.com_albums_aa286_FinalFusion_AAMorgansBlade99Complete003.jpg

Second is my attempt at making a micro chopper. Not very practical so I am in the process of modding it.
ai201.photobucket.com_albums_aa286_FinalFusion_ALittleBeastlyBlade002.jpg

Third was a fun design I wanted to make my brother. I will NEVER use white micarta again. It is the demon......This was also my first attempt at Jeweling AKA Engine turning:
ai201.photobucket.com_albums_aa286_FinalFusion_AreksBlade006.jpg

ai201.photobucket.com_albums_aa286_FinalFusion_AreksBlade007.jpg

Last up. A very special knife I made for a very special lady in my life. My wifes blade. This was a late Valentines gift, early Anniversary and congrats to my son that is growing in her tummy.
ai201.photobucket.com_albums_aa286_FinalFusion_ABrandisBlade001.jpg

ai201.photobucket.com_albums_aa286_FinalFusion_ABrandisBlade003.jpg

ai201.photobucket.com_albums_aa286_FinalFusion_ABrandisBlade007.jpg

Thank you all for viewing. This is just the start of my journey. I hope you all chose to follow as I learn this trade. I never thought knifemaking would be this difficult. I was so wrong. I hope you can see the progression from the 1st to 4th. At least I like to think I am progressing:confused:

Stay warm Oklahoma, wish Spring/Summer would hurry up and get here.:freezing:

Chris

bcox

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey warrior45, I saw these over on knifedogs, they look great, how much would one of those choppers go for? Looks like a sweet zombie weapon

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
W45, what can I say. Your tallent has progressed so much from the first through the 4th one. Keep up the work!

I have known W45 for a bit now. He and I have traded blades, funny stories, and ideas off each other. I can't wait to get some time to hit the river and find some points with this guy. You can not find a better guy.

gundummy911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Love that #2!! If your unsatified with it, and need a different white handle material, I have a 1"X4"X24" block of white Corian I would swap towards it lots of knife handles there polishes out to a white quartz look...........=)

LMK,
BT

P.S. Congrats on the Little one!

Latest posts

Top Bottom