Ruger 22/45 Grip mod

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nanotech9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Milled down teh built-in grip panels... drilled and tapped for grip bushings and installed grips.

Test fitted one side of the set of grip panels i made - i think they look fookin sweet, and they feel great too!

Installed Hogue wrap-arounds and modified to fit with the slide release...

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

mybrainhurtz

New to the site!
Reaction score
I would love to get rid of the plastic grips on my 22/45. I really want to do this to mine. Could you give me some more info, like size of holes, size/type of bushings, size/type of taps, etc. How deep do you drill the holes, etc. Just generally some more details so I can do this mod myself.

Thanks, and nice job on the mod!
-Chad

Nanotech9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, some of the basics....

This is easy to do if you can mill the plastic off - much simpler than sanding or grinding it away, guranteed to have a flat clean surface.

The holes? well, honestly i use a set of 1911 grips in place to mark the start point for the holes. I use the same bit for marking the holes as i use for cutting the holes in 1911 grips.

You'll need a set of 1911 grip bushings, and a tap.
The tap is:

0.236" - 60

Midwayusa.com sells it HERE... for $20 + shipping

You drill the holes as far as you want. the plastic wall is very thin. Go all the way through. Use a drill about 30ths smaller than the outside diameter of the tap. i'm sure you could go as small as 40ths as the tap will just thread into the plastic w/o problems.

Its super easy with the right tools. Incredibly frustrating w/o them i would imagine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom